Hawkstone Park

coxy

Thanks to the trialscentral guys for a great night, I was minding the next day r2w so i gave your cooking a miss!! :o

I thought for the entrance fee, it was an absolute bargain! the riding was exceptional, organisation was superb, Woody hole & jack Burnicle commentating, brilliant. Loved seeing the factory bikes, they were all using that elf race fuel? nice! Colleys demos were fantastic :wall: especially when he rode over the skips with the front forks off!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lastly I hate criticising observers god knows I have spent enough time doing the job but perhaps a briefing before the event would help I saw quite a few glaring errors in marking not helped by the silly state of affairs whereby we in the UK run our own set of rules while the rest of the trialing world run another.

The observers were all briefed on the Saturday by BDMC and D Willoughby, however as you know, everybody has a differing point of view, no 2 observers are the same.

As long as an obsever treats all riders the same there should be no problem.

They all did a good job, all had to be at their sections before 10am, some not seeing a rider until 1 pm., then concentrate to the finish, before pulling up the sections.

Well done to all the observers at Hawkstone.

What a great weekend, my family and myself really enjoyed it. The only critisism i have is that on the site plan we were led to belive that there was shower blocks and toilets available so to find that wasnt the case was a let down. If you were not expecting anything to be on site then you can accomadate yourself in the preperation before leaving home.

Since we are being critical (constructively) may I suggest that the demo area be inmproved and better utilised? I think there was prenty of young riders and guest riders who could and probably would have jumped at the chance to show off in front of such a crowd.

If a few logs and rock have been added to the skips and any rider given access I'm sure it wouldn't be busy all day saturday but a good bit of the afternoon would have been filled with young guys showing off and promoting themselves. You never know people like raga who will now take on colley's crown as the showman probably couldn't resist it either.

A few people also suggested a push bike trials area in the camp grounds. There were an awful lot of kids and adults on trials push bikes just looking for some where to entertain and muck about. Could be that TC should set up an area near their tent next year for jsut than. It would take the organisers to set up the area as we the TC users can't expect to take skips, rock and logs with us. (you should have seen my car with the TC tent and all our own stuff in it.)

What a great weekend, my family and myself really enjoyed it. The only critisism i have is that on the site plan we were led to belive that there was shower blocks and toilets available so to find that wasnt the case was a let down. If you were not expecting anything to be on site then you can accomadate yourself in the preperation before leaving home.

Wasn't there but Bigfoots comment might have some merit. Goodonya sport (see slipping into the lingo already). I'm sure R2 with his agricultural connections might be able to help (ducking!!).

Hey John, do the sassenachs "braai" as well as we do?

For those who couldn't make it there was a demo area with some skips in it that Colley and Dabill did two half hour demos on. However all they did was a race over the skips agaist each other on time and then Steve did a very good display on a bike with no forks. Considering what these guys show off in videos and at indoor trials it wasn't really special. I've seen young gary MacDonald just mucking about at local trials and though we know he's not as good as the top boys he cound still put on a good show. My idea would allow people like him to show off to a crowd. The demo session I went to watch must have had many hundred people at it and it was right in the middle of the main area that was always busy so if something had been on all day who ever was on would get a crowd.

The factorys could put up a bike a piece so the guys weren't using the bikes they needed to be in top shape for the next day.

Agreed.

I watched Colomer playing on the bank opposite the GG truck - he started with some MX style jumps, then some 270 degree flick turns. Very quickly a few folk gathered, then Taddy, the little Dani and Friexa's Minder Didac and a couple of the other Spanish RFME guys joined in.

Neatest trick was Taddy hopping down the slope forwards, on the backwheel.

What was clear is that they all enjoyed the attention of the crowd. The crowd enjoy the impromtu display.