Trials Competition, Could I Enter?

paul_m

Hi,

Here goes, I have never seen any trials apart from the pro stuff on tv and youtube.

The thing is, I don't know if I have any ability to go and join in a trial, if so, what level/experience?

Ive put up a video of me on the area near my work, but its more sort of moto X/Enduro.

Anyway honest feedback and if so, places to join in.

wakefield or Wiltshire/Hampshire.

thanks,

Paul

Video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW2mP13dxuY

• Like 1

Barnsley Trials Club got a practice session Sunday the 10th only £5 to join the club and a £5 to ride the practice session.which is not too far from you,if you are at Wakefield area.Normal trials they do 4 routes beginners,novice,50/50, and Hard. http://www.barnsleytrialsclub.co.uk/ plus they are on Facebook

Edited by bilks

Just go to an easy / beginner event.

looks like you have the between the sections riding nailed, but from what I watched, you need to practice riding much slower and tight turns

What he said! Weave some S turns and U turns into the side of that hill and you can practice!

Get your feet wet, go to a trial and feel an idiot like the rest of us! Nothing wrong, it is normal! And fun!

I do ride slower too, just don't have any video of that.

I started with the figure of 8 etc, stopping and balancing, but I cant do that consistently.

getting over objects is my problem. up to about 2' is fine, anything else I smash the bash plate into, I just cant seem to learn the technique without instruction.

im naturally terrible at balancing so I try to get that better, bouncing the front is my next challenge on my street in an evening starting Monday.

Im going to go to horsforth on sunday as I have pals who have bikes and ride there, I will try learn some bits from them.

Also Near Wakefield is BUMPY. I think it's £15 to join and £8 to ride for the day But I could be wrong on the Membership fee. The place has plenty of different terrain for beginners to practice on with some bigger rocks now scattered about for more advanced riders. Could worth popping down on a Saturday or Sunday and you can get some tuition if you have your own bike. KIds can rent a small bike to learn on.

www.bumpy.org.uk

I do ride slower too, just don't have any video of that.

I started with the figure of 8 etc, stopping and balancing, but I cant do that consistently.

getting over objects is my problem. up to about 2' is fine, anything else I smash the bash plate into, I just cant seem to learn the technique without instruction.

im naturally terrible at balancing so I try to get that better, bouncing the front is my next challenge on my street in an evening starting Monday.

Im going to go to horsforth on sunday as I have pals who have bikes and ride there, I will try learn some bits from them.

Search on youtube for the double blip technique

yeah been to bumpy a fair few times, but it gets boring after a while.

Enter a novice trial or take the easy route on a club trial to see if you enjoy slow riding.

If you still find that boring then perhaps you should look at enduro events to fulfill your need for speed and jumps.

endure is not my thing, the track we have is predominantly for those lads, been out on a few of the bikes, way too fast and out of control for my liking. after road racing for years I bought the trials to slow things down and do more technique.

just been watching some UK novice stuff on youtube, think I may give it a bash.

How far do you want to travel? BUMPY's own series will not be back until next month. Bradford will be running a Fun Trial at Harden near Bingley on the 17th with a round of their WBS the day before if you want to gauge how easy it will be the following day. Spen Valley and Horsforth will be running Novice Beginners but not until September. I think your best option will be the West Leeds Club Trial at Post Hill on the 23rd August. They usually have an Easy route and it's a fairly "compact" course. Basically it's just opposite the Wickes Store on the Leeds Ring Road.