Hows The 4/stroke 125's Going?

marky g

Marky G

SY250 one does not fit, and I've snapped my TY125 one, as you know they are not very flexible ! - but at least you can plastic weld them. I have e-mailed Scorpa France and apparently they are working on a 'competition' rear mudguard, due in September. Thought about making a hybrid (half TY125 over the airbox, half SY250 at the back plastic welded on), but decided just to stay with the standard one.

Apart from that, great little bike, well pleased with it.

John.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Just received my 125 yesterday - the first and only one in Australia - quite a nice little bike. I did as Brian R suggested and purchesed the adjustable lever - extremely light pull now but very slow clutch engagement - makes it difficult to "punch" up rocks and banks - if that makes sense.

Has anyone tried anything else - hydraulics etc. I would like the same clutch engagement as standard but just a lighter lever pull.

Also on the header - we have a mob down here called staintune (cant remember website) who make stainless headers for ttr125 - the local Yam dealer said it looked as though it would slot straight on, but I cant try one to check.

cheers

ben_r

downunder

Cheers guys,

John B,.......... I'll have my name down for one of the Comp rear guards In September ;) The dealer whom I'm buying it off knows of a guy who will do a Clutch mod, I don't know whats involved yet but I'll let you guys know as soon as.

A local chrome plateing firm will also do the work on the header pipe as long as it's new and not used.......Ben_r......Stainless pipe would be the best bet, let me know if you ever find the website :lol:

Mark

Marky G

The said website is www.staintune.com.au. the ttr system is not on ther yet as it is a new product - but has been advertised as a full system (including ttr specific muffler for AUD$680).

Currently Im looking into get the local bike exhaust shop to make some up - maybe more than one - for intersted people. It will be made to be tys125 specific and attatch to the standard muffler and will be stainless. Most likely around AUD$300 (or 125 Pounds).

BTW - im definitly interested in this clutch mod - pls keep me posted.

cheers

ben_r

downunder

Hi all

Came across a couple of websites that may be of interest for people wanting a hydraulic clutch:

Hebo hydraulic clutch conversion:

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/merlinbooks/motohebo.html

http://www.erider.ws/hyd.htm

Magura Hydraulic clutch conversion:

http://www.magurausa.com/motorcycle/clutch/jack.html

Has any tried or even seen either of these (on any bike). I know for sure that they would be as rare as rockinghorse s**t here in australia.

cheers

ben_r

downunder

You don't need grip when you've got about 35 horsepower and the first 5 gears to use on the yellow peril, you can burn through pretty much anything.

Besides, i wouldn't want to drop back down to a seeley when i have a superior mount!!!!!!!

Just wait until the 'evolution' SWM engine comes on line, everyone will need to stand back, RIGHT BACK! :)

Edited by t-shock 250

Got it !!

Time to start fettling :) the clutch mod involves pulling out the clutch actuating arm and extending it by approx 30mm... apparantly quite a bit of difference is noticed (I'll try this before I dash out and buy an Hyd Clutch).

Got to get some graphics knocked up to break up that massive looking rear guard, I was thinking along the lines of a 'Scorpa' sticker or a '125' sticker, also some of that 'technosil' thick protective clear adhesive for the frame and even to make a seat shape to stick onto the rear mudguard, where can I buy some of this stuff??

The plastic chain cover is coming off and a mate is making one of of Ali plate, also I'll need to get hold of some Stainless fastners for the bike.

Just as well I'm getting the header pipe chromed for now, I noticed the black paint is already coming off the header pipe and it's only been started up a few times, long term plans are for a Stainless header pipe.

post-10-1078607074.jpg

Edited by Marky G

Hmm, that sure is one hell of a rear mudguard!

Sounds like a good idea to get some graphics made up, try your local sign company, they can knock anything up in vinyl for next to nothing.

Yeah T-Shock, the rear guard isn't very appealing to the eye is it :)

But until the 'comp' one comes out in September it'll have to do, why they stuck this guard on instead of the one on the proto models is beyond me! it feels about 10mm thick too :D

I'm going to check out the local graphics shop Monday to see what they can do (see proto model rear guard)

post-10-1078691684.jpg