Hows The 4/stroke 125's Going?

marky g

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Watched two of the 125's going round at the DK Mansell trial today, the sections were clubmen type routes (just nice, not over the top!) I must admit the little yam engine bike certainly didn't appear to be gutless.

It was doing everything the other bikes were doing..no problem.

The little lump sounded quite throaty too :blink:

For Clubmen type riding (which is 85% of us!) I reckon this little beast seems to be top notch, the only downside is I was thinking of buying an SY250.....but now I'm not so sure :rolleyes::blink:

Done a few trials on mine now, Clutch is not necesarrily heavy, just a bit on/off.

I know there are mechanical mods being done (lengthen arm etc) as well as some hydraulic mods, however Im not at the stage yet where the clutch is dropping me marks. Mainly it's getting used to the power, where it comes in, and thinking ahead in sections. It really will do almost anything, just you have to be thinking ahead.

Certainly my marks have'nt got worse from moving from a GG Pro 250 (but I am a crap rider !) - Now I'm starting to get used to it, I'm sure I will be no more of a skilled rider, but my marks will be less.

John.

p.s and there is a certain satisfaction cleaning secions, then seeing people on 2 stroke 250/280's struggle !!!!

If the clutch is a little heavy and quick to engage, try the MSR Raptor clutch lever and perch. Chaparral has them at a really good price but I can't seem to get there website to work. I have one on my TL and one on my son's Amigo. They have a choice of hard pull (quick engagment) , standard pull and easy pull (300%) easier. I think they work great, you don't have to modify the clutch arm and is simple to reverse.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/accessor...sories65449.htm

Finaly took the plunge and bought one ;) hopefully collect it this Saturday.

Things I'd like to get done in the future:

Would like to...get front down pipe chromed (nothing worse than a rusty ols exhaust!) or has anybody got any other ideas to stop the rust?

Also, get an Alloy tank made like the one is the pic of the SSDT bike, I might know of a chap who could do this but if he can't does anybody know of tank maker? (UK only)

I wonder if the I could get the rear mudguard off the SY250 to fit?

mark