Hows The 4/stroke 125's Going?

marky g

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a snap of the bike Bob G. had at Cartersville this past weekend; it looked to have the same suspension as the SY250 Racing model and Bob said they behaved much the same handling-wise. He too mentioned the clutch action as needing improvement, but was quite happy with the machine's overall performance. I'm trying to get him hooked up over here so he can answer questions about it first hand.

post-10-1074055345.jpg

Yamaha has sold thousands of TTR125 using the same motor, they are bullet proof motors.

BBR already has 150cc big bore kits and powroll has 175cc big bore kits available. The cases have to be bored out to install the 175 kit so it is at least twice as expensive.

;):wacko::o

Yamaha has sold thousands of TTR125 using the same motor, they are bullet proof motors.

BBR already has 150cc big bore kits and powroll has 175cc big bore kits available.  The cases have to be bored out to install the 175 kit so it is at least twice as expensive.

;)  :wacko:  :o

I dont think the BBR kit is for trials is it?

No its not designed for trials, it comes with a different cam grind. I was just tring to show that the engine has a very strong bottom end. If the big bore kits that Scorpa come up with are costly then the BBr kit or Powroll kit may be a option. the BBr kit sells for 439.95 {piston, rings, cylinder and cam} an aftermarket cam from Hot Cams sells for 149.99. By the BBR kit sell the cam and the price is not to bad.

The big bore Kit doesn't have to be trials specific, more cc is better no matter who developed them.. ;)

WoW I finally got to 10 posts Can I be a member Now Please!!!

Edited by spinner

I would rather pay the bit extra for the better exhaust and rear fender, the ones shown spoil the look of the bike.

Ishy-

It looks from the Scorpa site that the bike can accomodate a seat as part of the road-going package. I agree that the seat is lacking in the looks department, but perhaps its meant to do double-duty.

Thanks for the pics Don T, I would have to agree with ISHY and say if I had the option I would pay the extra to have the better looking back mudguard and tail pipe thats in that proto bike pic I posted before.

Here's another pic I've found of the 'proto' model...looks very nice in this form ;)

Seeing as Scorpa are using Yamaha engines, what would there option be for a larger capcity engine?? do they do a TTR 250 OR 200 cc engine?.

I know that weight might be an issue with a bigger lump, I've got nothing but praise for the Yamaha engine, I've had two XT 500's and an XT 550 all of them have had super strong motors.

Marky

post-10-1074112288.jpg

Edited by Marky G

Ishy, it was frozen when we arrived that morning & thawed well by the time the day was done! we'd recently had a front come through dumping rain & then freezing it just to store up the nastiness for the event! :o

John B., the reason you haven't been able to find the sticker is the same reason the bike shown doesn't have one. The first batch of them didn't stick! I was told they came without glue or that the glue didn't hold them on; that's why that bike looks so white! If you throw the seat pad on it to break up the white it probably wouldn't look quite so odd. It definitely looked like it had a white fence slat stuck into it's rump! ;)

BTW, those pics were while the bike was still clean and had only been ridden around in the paddock. I didn't get any of it afterwards because it blended in so well with it's surroundings you couldn't see it! :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

While waiting for my trials bike to get going, I've been doing lots of enduro style riding. One of the ladies in our riding group has a TTR125. After a pretty nasty spill at the bottom of a deep ravine, I rode her bike out. That 125 engine in stock/trail form has lots of low end and decieving power. It was an eye-opener for me; a test ride on the Scorpa is in my future. A bunch of the kids in our circle ride TTR125's too, they take abuse.