Gaerne Oiled Boots Safe?

tahoebrian5

For what its worth my last boots were Sidi's - never comfy,leaked like a sieve,but lasted quite well. My current Gaerne oiled boots are the only comfy trials boots I've ever had.They were also waterproof for one year,untill the Dartmoor streams and rivers attacked them... They remain comfy and I think give good protection,the soles are wearing well and a pair of Sealskin socks keep my feet warm and dry.

• Like 1

So after a few rides with the Sidis, I thnk they are okay but they do tend to have a folding point that pushes on the shin a bit. I'm thinking that's probably pretty common and hoping it goes away after a bit more break in. I did put some quality foot beds in and that helps a whole lot with any boot

• 2 weeks later...

Alpine stars offer great support but they are expensive and don't last a season, the soles wear out very quickly and they are pretty hard to keep clean - especially the white ones.

I use Gaerne oiled now, lovely and comfortable but less support than the Alpine Stars. I have clouted my toes a few times and boy does that hurt.

Al

Funny to see someone else say this. I wear Gaerne oiled also and about broke my toes on a stump. They are comfortable though.

Trials boots are soft and comfortable. Made for flexibility not protection. I have a friend in the hospital that was wearing a pair on a Yamaha XT660. Just about tore his foot off. ( A rock broke the whole front end) That was last week in South Africa. That would of been a long plane trip back home! Then straight to a hospital bed.

Edited by lineaway

• 2 weeks later...

Coming from MX where the boots are very stiff. I got a pair of A-Stars that came with my bike. They are probably a half size too big but I'm not picky. I noticed how flexible they are and how much less protective they are. But I can feel soo much more of the bike when I ride. I think it is a protection vs. comfort/performance battle with the different boot brands. I' dlike to try the Gaerne or other brands someday, but for now I'll use the freebies!