Reiger Shock On 2009 Gg Eco

tahoebrian5

How do you figure? 3.5" of rear sag and you suspect the front?

A smaller front sprocket is on my list for sure. 9 or 10 tooth?

You cannot measure sag until the suspension works together for starters. A 10 tooth would due as the 9 tooth was meant for 125`s.

I have tried the TRP--and would recommend it to anyone -- it has a couple things going for it that rieger and ohlins dont have--

1...its fully rebuildable-- rieger is also rebuildable but has to go back to manufacturer to be done as they wont supply parts to anyone!-- this is a PAIN!--also rieger is small (which you may think is good!) but therefore has very little oil capacity and can change suspension characteristics with temperature..............!ohlins is supposedly rebuildable but no one has tool to recharge them!

And the other thing is price--i got my TRP from lewisportUSA they sell the TRP for around $650 which for the extra $150 i would have any day over a rieger!

Go for an 11t on your front sprocket not 9t.

The dog bones and delta linkage is different.

There are these two things that many many riders forget about when it comes to suspension. They are located between your calves and your thigh... your knees are the best suspension you have. If you don't bend them to get out of the way of the bike then no amount of money and technology will help. The more you bend your knees the better off you are. When you see a trials bicycle conquer a rock that looks impossible on a trials motorcycle and they have zero suspension you can only credit their knees. Bend them. Get used to touching your a.. on the rear fender and lowering your self to the seat.

Then spend the money. I know you have already purchased but don't burn out or substitue technology for skill. Its a trap that a lot fall into.

--Biff

Got the Reiger installed today. Bolted right in.

image-5.jpg

Turns out my Eco had a Sachs shock installed. It appears to be blown with leaking oil. Might be from the exhaust but I don't think so. Going to take a closer look today with the spring off

image-4.jpg

The bike feels much more lively.. Like completely different. Looking forward to going out later today to see how it feels for actual riding.

That looks like too much lube from the chain has flyed up round the old shock.

Good choice with the Reiger, The 2 way adjustable one is the best production shock you can get! Even with the std linkage will be a huge improvement.

A decent shock is not just for advanced riders, A beginner will benefit more from a bike that holds the line better on loose rocks and slippery roots.

Enjoy Buddy!!!!