Legal Requirements, Transporting Bikes To Continent.

b40rt

Its true foreign vehicles getting flashed generally get away with it, however moves are afoot to liaise with the UK for an agreement to collect the fine in the UK. At the moment there is a lot of talk about this, whether its in place I don' t know. There is a chance if you are speeding on the RN roads or through a village they will chase/ follow you and you will be handed a on the spot fine. They are very hot on speeding now without doubt for the cash it generates, hence my last sentence, sadly the days of enjoying the French roads at speed are over. However, you choose your right foot, your wallet.

• Like 2

they do have a lot of cameras but no recipricol agreement with the uk re dvla data.. however they do like the on the spot fines.. i was captured red handed on my tenere twice a few years ago by gendarmes with speed guns, yet when i slowed to pull up was waved through with a smile... unlike thier colleagues in switzerland who are proper no smiles..

• Like 1

Hi shyted and all, thanks for the info. Start Release from the ACU should cover

health insurance during the event. Second warning about speeding, so will give ourselves plenty of time.

In France need a fluorescent waistcoat, warning triangle,breathalizer, GB sticker, copy of insurance, v5, anything else ?

EHIC card for basic EU hospital cover. EU breakdown cover for the van. Travel insurance that covers riding bikes over 125cc (a lot of them specifically exclude that and riding in competitions). When I rode Aveyron with 'Chewy' in '09 his mate had a bad off on the trail and got hit with a 400 odd Euro bill for the ambulance, not sure if he managed to claim it back.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is useful but there is a scheme with the DVLA for voluntarily registering off-road vehicles like Diggers & other plant, Moto cross & Trials bikes etc.

I think you get some kind of V5 logbook & details of bike are put on DVLA computer so can be checked by Police, Finance companies, HPI etc.

I did make enquiries about this a while ago and this "off-road logbook" is simpler to apply for and cheaper than getting a logbook for road use,

it could be handy to have when taking a trials bike abroad, if you are stopped by Police/Customs and they want to see some proof of ownership.

for more details see - .www.gov.uk , leaflet INF85

dave

• Like 1

log book is not proof of ownership and says so in bold letter on the front.. when will the acu and amca wake up to the fact they can put a stop to trails and mx bike threats.. every bike must have a competition licence engine and frame numbers recorded on it . immediately ends the use of stolen gear.. immediately..

log book is not proof of ownership and says so in bold letter on the front.. when will the acu and amca wake up to the fact they can put a stop to trails and mx bike threats.. every bike must have a competition licence engine and frame numbers recorded on it . immediately ends the use of stolen gear.. immediately..

Would you be happy to pay say £5 or £10 for every event you enter to pay for ACU policing costs?