Crashing On Easy Sections How Come?

hrmad

HRMAD as a beginner I shouldn't be doling advice but I can pass on something that's helped me.

Before entering section- 3 deep breaths

Remember this acronym "S.K.U.L.L."

S- Squat down (And back as you lean forward too much) This is easy for me 5`8 and a 6`2 arm span.

K- Knees bent and out (I`m naturally bow legged)

U- Use all the real estate in a turn (Not always, sometimes the inner turn is the preferred line) And just because all the riders ride a certain line, does not mean it is the best. Think out of the box.

L- Looking ahead and through obstacles (not at the front tire!)Looking ahead when you can is good, but you should hit your line with the front tire first and foremost for the rear to track where it needs to go.)

L- Loose throughout, don't tighten up! (Loose is good in the turns and rubble. At the right time it is beneficial to be tight and force the bike through a fine line.)

I try to run through this checklist before every run. It has helped this beginner a bit, let me know if it helps. ( Always concentrate on the moment, a trials can be lost on the last section) When I`m having a great day I remind myself this fact on the loop over and over.

Sorry for hijacking your post fivebrick. Hope I make the AZ national. I owe you a cold one! Edited by lineaway

HRMAD as a beginner I shouldn't be doling advice but I can pass on something that's helped me.

Before entering section- 3 deep breaths

Remember this acronym "S.K.U.L.L."

S- Squat down

K- Knees bent and out

U- Use all the real estate in a turn

L- Looking ahead and through obstacles (not at the front tire!)

L- Loose throughout, don't tighten up!

I try to run through this checklist before every run. It has helped this beginner a bit, let me know if it helps.

That's great, thanks fivebrick. I saw some guys bouncing up and down on the pegs before sections too, maybe that helped them loosen up. Cheers

Thanks guys :)

Did you not say you moved up a class?

Since this one is classed as an easy trial the middle route was equivalent to easy route or sportsman route in a club competition. So the same sort of difficultly as the last one I completed. Just felt very nervous on the day and it effected everything else. Well, the only way is up from here :D I'm feeling positive. Next time no stress, no worrying over points, just fun :)

I suffered a fair bit in the beginning from nerves... mainly when there was a few people gathered and watching. As time went on and I went from Beginner to Novice it subsided to now just a little good nervousness that keeps you in the concentration zone.

Cindy still has a fair bit going on... I see it in her face when she tries the harder stuff. I tell her to enjoy the rush... people pay lots of money to jump from perfectly good aircraft for the same feeling!

I think in days gone by there was some little swigs, on little bottles, just before comp to settle the legs! Hehehehe

Mags

• Like 1

I think in days gone by there was some little swigs, on little bottles, just before comp to settle the legs! Hehehehe

Mags

I tried that... I figured a couple of shots would settle the nerves so I could try stuff I was a bit nervous about... It didn't work - but it does help a bit being relaxed when you hit the ground. Probably didn't work in days gone by either :(.

• Like 1

I've just looked at the results, I came last with 71, the next rider up had 35. Dire, just dire! haha oh dear :blush:

My first trial back in January 2014 my score was 149, nearly a year later in December 2014 I managed a score of 22

Your score will get better, you'll learn loads in the first year, your confidence will build and your technique will improve.

As for going up hills, sometimes less throttle is better than too much, as beginners we tend to think we need more power then we do to get up the hill, which is one of the reasons the front end comes up.

• Like 2

My first trial back in January 2014 my score was 149, nearly a year later in December 2014 I managed a score of 22

Your score will get better, you'll learn loads in the first year, your confidence will build and your technique will improve.

As for going up hills, sometimes less throttle is better than too much, as beginners we tend to think we need more power then we do to get up the hill, which is one of the reasons the front end comes up.

That's awesome progress! Thanks for the advice and encouragement :)