Pressure

kevpg

Hi,

I have just fitted a Michelin Comp front trials tyre to my AJP Trail bike, for the March Hare event next weekend.

I tried 10psi on the first ride and wobbled round the first corner like a wounded buffalo, it was awful. I am now going to try 14psi in the hope that the road manners improve, this seems much to hard for trail use however.

Is this handling trait normal with this tyre?

Cheers

Kev

Kev, I've been riding LDT for 15/16 years and always have trials pressure for sections. I use 7lbs or 8 lbs if rocky going for the front. Rear I use 5 or 6 lbs. bike is a Honda SL230 so a similar weight. The March Hare is nearly 1/2 off road so you will not need higher pressures. Have a good day, missing it for the first time in 15 years. Gutted. . Dave.

i went from a irc to a Michelin comp rear tyre and it took some getting used to, the walls of the tyre are much stronger than the irc so now i run it with just 2 psi in it and it's perfect, i would go for 5 to start with and just play around with it, most of the people who i asked about the michelin don't bother to use a pressure gauge, if it feels good and grips well then thats it, your done.

Toe he is on trail bike on a road event so Definately no low pressures. Police would not be happy. My Honda runs on IRC occasionally Dunlop and the bike has 19000 mks on the clock. All done in trials. Have managed to win 1 or 2 events in that time. Keep speed down on the Tarmac as tyres can lose centre blocks.

Front pressure varies depending on individuals.

I always run michelin.

Now your'e all gonna think I'm crazy or making this up, But I run around 10psi if really muddy and 15+ in the dry.

This is in trial competition not on trails or anything.

I forgot to let the front tyre down once in a wet trial and found the bike was riding great, I didn't realize till after when I went to blow both tyres back up again.

Experiment with pressues, dont be a lost sheep and follow the heard, Find whats best for you.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies chaps,

I checked the seating and all is fine then had a nother run out today on the road and some trails. I have settled at 14psi which is ok on the road, the front no longer tries to tuck in all the time, and acceptable on the trails.

I am just surprised that a trials tyre handles worse than a half worn knobly.

Thanks again.

Kev