Where Can I Get

trial_master

I drive a fiat punto, and have been advised that is will be dangerous driving with a 70kg+ bike on the back plus the weight of the rack. So i am going to have to buy a trailer, but i have knowhere to keep one, well, i have a space about 2M x 1M. So, i need a trailer that will fit in there, but still carry my sherco 290 safely.

Anyone got any ideas, other than buy a bigger car!

Ryan

Edited by Trial_master

Montman: I have been told that an average small car can only hold 75kg on the towbar, so weight of bike + rack will be well over 80kg, do you have any pix of the bike on the back of the uno? not that i dont belive you, i would just like to see how the car copes with the weight.

Also that mono trailer looks ideal, any ideas where i could get one?

Thanks

Ryan

Thanks for all the help. My mate (nyawton) is now going to be buying a bike so we need to buy a twin bike trailer which still folds away. The bikelug twinbike trailer is hugh when built up, a lot wider than my punto. So that one is a big no. But for a single bike i think it would be perfect.

So the hunt is on for a twin trailer second hand or new, just not silly money (

The bikelug twinbike trailer is hugh when built up, a lot wider than my punto. So that one is a big no

You may struggle to find a 2-bike trailer that is narrower than your car. Our TWIN trailer has the bikes positioned at 790mm centres, less space between the rails may restrict what bikes you can carry.

Our TWIN trailer is 1880mm wide when assembled as a twin which is about 200mm wider than your car, that combination would be legal though it requires extra care when negotiating kerbs, traffic etc.

Remember the Bikelug TWIN trailers can also be assembled as single trailers when you're only towing one bike, when used as a single it is 1300mm wide.

I'm not aware of any other 2-bike fully collapsible trailer available in the UK, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards

John

The Bikelug twin does look a very good well built trailer, i saw one at the rossendale show last week. And from what i have seen bikelug are the only company making a twin colapsable trailer, at the moment.

I have seen a few single bike trailers that could easily be modified to carry 2 or even 3 TRIAL bikes without breaking its max load, so i think i will have to take this route

Thanks anyway

Ryan