Welsh Novogar

bikespace

Here's your chance to get your point over. Let us know where we went wrong, where we went right, any suggestions ideas.

From my point of view:

1. Learnt lesson with some of the sections on the banks. The intention of these was to give a bit of variety from all the stream sections, and also to try to create some sections which would perhaps get worse as the day went on, to even up the balance for the first riders, who no doubt get it a little harder in the streams. Some of them turned to sh*t (2 of them really, section 22 and 27). With hind sight, I wouldn't have them. 3's and 5's everywhere, but there you go.

2. Two of the sections in the stream (23 and 24) were altered on the day due to rising water levels. These were intended to be fairly easy ones anyway as a build up to the nasty section 26 :lol: so no great loss. Turned out almost exactly at the level they were intended anyway.

3. Timing - As far as I saw, there was a fair bit of hanging around at the first sections. When I got there as number 64, there were still riders in their 30's, so they'd already lost 30 minutes. I didn't see any massive queues, but that's maybe as I was towards the back (although I was riding with the 40's/50's most of the time). Quite a few people finished with 30 minutes to spare.

I think we had a fair number of first time Novogar riders, who maybe weren't quite aware of the speed required (it's a faster pace than a regular club trial). Quite a few of these were near the front as they were late antries so maybe that caused a bit of bunching?

Be interested to hear what people think about the time.

4. Section severity - We aimed to get 10-15 marks off the winner, without killing the bottom end of the entry. Also consciously tried to avoid the sh*t or bust type sections.The winner was on 13 marks, so we hit the spot we were after - all we need to be sure of is if that is the right level or not?

We found it very hard to walk past some lovely rockery, because we needed a slightly easier section in between two toughies for instance.

We also eased off some of the sections - we had a couple of days with two of our youth riders who were a great help - Eddy Roberts and James Francis (observed on the day) tested many of the sections we were unsure of, and on occasions it was an eye opener - very handy to have someone to be able to actually ride the sections.

Special thanks to James Francis for testing a dodgy route after section 22 - unfortunately his big dab in the air helped him in to a 5 foot deep section of river, completely submerging bike and rider. :lol: Section scrubbed! :lol:

I'm not the sort of bloke that takes anything to heart (thick skinned bugger), so give us the truth - improvements, suggestions, etc on any part of the event.

my point of view was this:

1. Trial was just about right for a novogar , a few tricky ones to sort out the winner and the rest ok for lesser riders , nothing dangerous and a brilliant ride round

2. Good organisation keeping everyone informed up to the trial and providiing a route for support vehicles was a very good idea.

3. Organisers were very good for letting us beat them at pool and allowing us to sample the local brew prior to the event, think i should have drank water though.

4. GONNA TAKE ME A WEEK TO CLEAN THE VAN!

5. Now i've crept enough just knock 5 or 6 marks off my score.

6. Last and most important it was so good to meet so many welsh champions, must of been a record to have at least 7 all in the same room.

Big thanks to all the Welsh lads who made the trials possible.

My fat a*** couldn't manage to finish the trial, combination of major arm pump and lack of bike fitness took it's toll on me.

I must admit that most of the sections were too much for me, I class myself as a good clubman type rider and I guess I wont be entering one again...nothing bad to say about the event really just my lack of skill / fitness.

The mountain has got to THE best trials venue in Wales...everything you could want.

Bryn F cartwright

gaz, the trial was spot on. excellent sections, great ride round, although some were late on time, you really could not be any fairer than 6 hours, lots of people messin' round on the first group. brilliant trial, thanks to you all :lol: you really put a lot of effort in!! months & months. also good work by webmonkey to get the results done there and then.

Personally, i had bike trouble all day, didnt run properly at all, gasserboy can back me up on that! :lol:

Thanks again, hope you going to do it nxt year!

Im just even more gutted i couldnt ride now!! :lol:

Looked like an abousltly cracking trial. The sections looked to be stop on for clubman/expert level.

jools- Yeah you did have bike problems, the bike was running sh*t.

Wayne- Yeh could see you were amazed by all the welsh champions! Next time you play pool rember to not put the opponents balls in pockets by hand!

Bikespace- Are you married? :lol:

was any one else on tc following the service route? The route going down to section 17 was very slipply!

Edited by gasserboy

Well Marky G, You said it all.. saved me saying it :P

Jools, was really expecting you to be up near the top of our lot.. shame the bike was running bad coz you done real well at the Forest trial :lol:

Also, Kirsty played a big role in getting the results so quick.. from the last riders ticket being given to us and listing the full results.. around 40 seconds :D

Gasserboy, I could see you were sick as a parrot and its a real shame you didnt ride :) the forest is your home .. ( btw, why did you ask if Gaz was married :lol: )

I only got to see 2 sections which were the waterfall, section 19 and the hill climb section 20 and both looked good..

I gotta get some practice in coz I want to be good enough to ride that next year.. really inspired me :)

Also, the Novogar lads were a great bunch.. no moaning or nuffin..

(btw, changed my name from webmonkey coz of the abuse andy was giving me :lol: )

Only human? Only just human!

His name was Aled! :)

No front teeth and a manic grin, stood next to me at midnight in the urinals. How romantic :lol:

I sensed his stare, just before I got a whiff of his breath.

"Are you married?"

So scared i heard banjo's :lol:

Ahhhhhh......Deliverance.......Thought everyone had left me.

Had to barge past his half wit mate, the cool one with the limp, and the toilet roll trailing from his shoe.

I ran outside just in case there wasn't enough room to run inside the hotel :lol:

Edited by bikespace