250 Sherco V 250 Beta For A Novice

fazza123

I've always racing motocross but with injuries and lack of tracks I'm going to get a trial bike and try and compete. I've obviously got a bit of experience on bikes but was wondering the million dollar question without riding the said bikes. Is there a difference when riding the 2, is one easier to get along with, more fun to ride?

Anyones advice with any knowledge of the 2 comparisons would be massively appreciated. I'm thinking 2014/15 models. ( must admit I do like the look of the shercos but looks are nothing)

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Go to the local competitions and talk to the riders,if any seem like the guys you'd like to ride with buy what they ride and use their experiences to help you get along.I bought my local dealers personal bike,always perfectly maintained,jetting dialed,ect.

Beta all the way, I do prefer the ride of the Sherco but they have issues the factory is aware of and they just sweep issues under the carpet, The plastic inlet manifold on the newer bikes is junk and they are over 50 to replace and the new ones are half warped so they just supply them with a foam gasket to help them seal. Plus other dubious issues on the factory bikes that need secret parts to fix!

Beta is still replacing frames and swing arms on 09 models still, Respect to Lampkins and the Factory!!

• Like 1