2015 Montesa Factory Rep.

gaz12349

If you test ride one, you'll love it, then for the first 6 weeks or so you'll wish you had never seen it. Once you get the hang of it you'll wonder why you hadn't bought one years ago.

And the thing that sits in the corner of your garage with all the shiny stuff in it, won't get opened very much.

That's why Montesa riders spend money on bling - they have disposable income saved from not repairing them and time on there hands after a quick wash and polish brings them up like new.

• Like 3

I think because the 4rt is a bit docile and lacks the instant punch of a 2 stroke you have to be a lot more aggressive and give it a proper handfull on the slippy stuff , also ive found ive subconsciously started to hang more off the back and find the front wheel spending a fair bit of time off the ground on quite a few occasions

It will grip

Pussy foot around on one and they're like a fat lumbering efalump

But give it some and it's a totally different animal

• Like 5

It is all about how it is riden, they don't have the same power delivery. Peak power and torque aren't in the same place. Gearing and RPM rang are different, etc.

If you ride it like a 2T or expect it to be like one you will be disappointed.

It is all about how it is riden, they don't have the same power delivery. Peak power and torque aren't in the same place. Gearing and RPM rang are different, etc.

If you ride it like a 2T or expect it to be like one you will be disappointed.

or spend time and money trying to get it to be like a 2T. Which is what a lot of people did when they first came to the market in 2005.

Spend time and effort to  learn and maximise its advantages and try and minimise its occasional shortcomings and you'll join the clan of smug 4rt owners 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. It's good to see some mixed opinions on them. I like the idea of how reliable they. I am getting sick of constantly having to repair my Sherco. I'm starting to think the things cursed.....

I'll look into when montesa does a test day next year and book a slot.