Stickers Lifting

stpauls

A Beta!!!!

Prior to my Sherco I had a 2013 Beta Evo 250.  The stickers were lifting within a couple of weeks.  After a while I purchased a second set.  It was not too long before they too started to lift, so in the end as they fell off I did not replace them.  Additionally, the mudguards on the Beta Evo are made of glass.  I replaced the front one three times and the rear twice.  The stickers that came with the rear mudguards also jumped ship at the earliest available opportunity.  From memory this all cost about £300 !!!  

Combined with occasionally jumping out of first or second gear, mid section, under power, at very low speed, usually when suddenly cracking the throttle open, going uphill.  Finding yourself suddenly in neutral was a bit unnerving to say the least !!!  This might happen perhaps once in every 4 or 5 trials and got me several 5s and made me hesitant - afraid at times when tackling risky sections.  Anyone purchasing a Beta Evo 2012 or 2013 should check this gearbox issue out before buying a second-hand one - plenty of threads on the Beta section about Evos jumping out of gear.  

(Also of the necks snapping on 2009/10 models). 

Because of these problems I decided to sell it and buy a new Sherco. So far I have ridden it in 9 trials and to date I have NONE of the above issues (or any others).  Even though it is only about a kilogram lighter than the Evo, it feels a LOT lighter and is much more agile than my Evo. The Sherco clutch is very light, gives good control and is as smooth as butter.  And never ever sticks.  In contrast the Evo clutch always stuck on when it was first started.  It could be grabby on/off.  I did the Beta clutch fix, as per the instructions on the Beta section of this site.  Twice.  I used Putoline GP10.  Took 2 springs out.  Still nowhere as good as the clutch on my Sherco.  

In my view, Beta stickers are no better or worse that Sherco stickers, although other aspects of a 2014 Sherco ST are better  than a Beta Evo IMHO. 

I am still at a loss about how to reattach my stickers though.

Edited by stpauls

Best bet is Bostik All Purpose clear. Still gives up after a while but they at least hang around a while. I'm surprised ti hear a Sherco clutch is that good.Like Gasser's if you get a good one don't mess with it. Get a bad one and it is awful.

A little tip......  When the bike is new take some clear nail polish and run it around the edges of the decals.

When it dries it stops the dirt and liquid getting down behind the decal which makes it come off...........

Basically it seals the edges of the decal........

Edited by billyt