Beta Synt Wont Rev High !

jamiemarshall283

As you are obviously a newcomer to the trials scene I should reassure you that, while you won't be able to get a replacement stator, it should be possible to get the faulty components replaced, and with better than original.

Bradford Ignitions replaced the trigger coils on an obsolete Beta stator for me.

My dads a heavy goods mechanic and auto electrician, he has began looking at it, he says that the woodruff key on the crankshaft/flywheel has sheard putting all the timing out. He's had the stator off and tested and cleaned but cannot find any timing marks to time it correctly. He marked it in the original position but says someone has had it in bits before and he's not sure if it has been timed up in the correct position. Does any body know of any timing marks or measurements ? Thanks

Thanks lineaway he's on with making a new woodruff key out of an old spanner ! He says it needs to be hardened and that's why he's using an old spanner ! I'd rather he bought one but it's hard to stop him when he gets going. Thing is he bought me the bike so I could have a go at trials, says he is not spending a fortune on one till I've proved I can handle one and am going to stick at it , it hasn't ran on full throttle since I've had it !