Commentator Drives Me Nuts! F.i.m Motors Tv

rij

I just need to rant!!!

I don't know who he is but he drives me to distraction to the point of not watching the show!

He basically gives you the result during the trial mid show, not doing the normal thing of waiting to the end.

So it's a bit like telling you the result of the Rugby at half time for the whole game because he's watched all ready

Please get someone good like jack burnicle to do it!!

he says it how it is, at the time it's happening with a little humour thrown in.

Current guys voice just makes me want to rub a cheese grater against my face!

DON'T TELL ME THE RESULT TIlL THE END!!!!

F.I.M Motors T.v

Rant over till I hear his loverly voice again...

Rich

I agree, he bores the pants off me.

It was far better on Eurosports, for a) the commentary and B) the fact you can view it in HD.

Also, you will note that if you don't make it in the top ten, you don't get shown, which is annoying when you have up and coming British riders not getting any exposure.  In fact TC don't show you where the riders are positioned during the world outdoor rounds if you fall outside of the top ten when giving lap by lap scpres.  It would be nice to see all of the World Pro riders positions, after all if you have traveled to Japan to report, then please report what is in fact happening.

You will also notice that the first rider who is shown on Motors TV will be in tenth position and then ninth etc. So you get to know who finished sooner than you're told, (providing you have missed the results from TC etc).

We are here to support a small minority sport, yet, we are not being given what we want, so those that are behind the sport should expect to give a little bit more, as let's face it, a minority sport cannot afford to turn away, spectators, TV subscribers and fans who travel to events.

So please TC, let's have the results from all of the World Positions after each lap, after all these riders get there by having skill, big balls and commitment.  Yet, we over look the last 5.

Here is to a good 2016 for all of our riders.

• Like 2

I suppose we should be grateful for the coverage we can get, but I do find the commentator frustrating, and the coverage in general, poorly edited.

The commentator rattles off what riders have scored on various sections throughout the trial which I must admit I can't keep in my head (must be the age!).  Meanwhile the pictures are not well linked to the commentary. For example we do not know what section number is being ridden so there's no way of telling if the threes (or twos, etc) we've heard about are what we're actually viewing. 

Rather than successively showing each rider through a number of different sections I'd rather see the material that they've recorded edited differently to show each featured rider's attempts through the first recorded section, then showing the next recorded section and so on for each successive lap.  Basically much as one would see if attending a trial.  That would miss out some sections, as at present and as one typically would at a trial.  The commentary could then focus much less on the individual section scores (as we would generally be seeing what each featured rider scored) and instead he could build the tension, such as comparing with what previous riders have been scoring on the section being viewed.  He could also add background information (eg Dougie Bou is struggling with a left foot injury, or Sherta are trying out a new airbox).

I recognise that many fans will know the result before viewing the coverage but a re-jigged editing would still create a degree of tension and actually tell a story, unlike at present.

However there has been an improvement from previous coverage.  We have fewer instances of a cut to a crowd scene just as a rider is attempting the most difficult part of the section!

• Like 1

I agree it is all about the story... reading the last page of a book first doesn't make for a very good read. We struggle so hard to promote the sport - coverage like that really doesn't help our cause. It would be great if they could get a past champ to do the commentating the way that SuperCross season is covered here in North America

Sadly far too many people are happy to accept that journalists and commentators are chosen for their knowledge or better insight - and nothing is often farther from the truth.

My disabled wife likes to watch many forms of sport on daytime TV - including golf.  A few years back Peter Alliss was commentating on a golf tournament alongside Loch Lomond, where it had been raining heavily in the local hills overnight.  He proudly demonstrated his knowledge to the world by announcing that they would possibly have problems with waterlogged areas since "LOCH LOMOND HAD RISEN 39 FEET OVERNIGHT".

A quick 'phone call to a friend who lived nearby the loch confirmed it had risen 39 centimetres..............

A rise of 39 feet would have created a new water feature on the approach to the Highlands of a vast loch from relatively close to Glasgow that stretched to Crianlarich...........indeed could give a new meaning to the term 'lowlands'........

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1