2015 4Rt Sump Guard.

trial bike

I had no idea fitting the sump guard should be so trying.

I don't remember it being a problem on my old TY.

Why should it be so difficult?

Shouldn't the frame and guard line up properly.?

On your TY the guard had two tubes between it and the motor so did not have the opportunity to get very bent.

• Like 1

I tried the H and D and found it much softer than the stock OEM plate. Threw it in the trash after getting tired of constantly having to straighten it. Next I tried the Mitani.  This was a good plate, that had the proper hardening. It held up nicely. I recommend Mitani, or stock.

Wow, if the H and D plate is softer than the OEM one then I'm in trouble.  The original plate is thin and soft like cheese.  I press mine back out using a hydraulic press every couple of weeks.  It fits back on fine after doing that but I'm desperately looking for a replacement.  I will check out the Mitani one.  Thanks.

Chris.

The Mitani is longer and thicker.

My mate just had a nice one off Munch at M Sport. Italian make I think but looked a quality piece of kit

Try Costa Special Parts Italy, Got mine from MSport  top notch stuff

That's the one - looked nice

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I now have a Mitani plate, (I was going for the H&D after feeling the quality of it last time and the reviews on here, but they are out of stock).

The Mitani is a good quality plate, nicely finished. I don't think it is as heavy as the H&D, from memory, but it fits better.

The front of the H&D plate was about 10mm too far forward of the frame, which is why I returned it and asked my original question, plus the rear holes didn't line up too well.

This Mitani fits straight up.

My question now...

What do you use to fix the rubber pads onto the metal plate?