Beta Not Running Right

james111089

Couple of things.. JLI should have pullers.. second could be digital box , or as many have said in wiring possible short.unhook kill switch also and try revving out .. it is possible to be only shorting at high revs.. have also seen hot coil wire get a pinch and short at high rev..make sure plug gap is correct approx .030

best of luck

ron

beta usa

ps ring john at lampkin imports he may have some other ideas..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bike was misfiring at middle revs (posted on here about a month ago) although it was not as serious as yours sounds. if you try everything without replacing anything then give JLI a call, I did and they sent me a CDI unit and a Stator and they were fine for me to send back any unrequired parts. Mine needed a new stator.

Bob

unless you can have electrical components tested, you're stuck with elimination.

Sparkplug and cap, HT lead, kill button and associated wiring, other wires (ground), flywheel key...

If none of that does it, you need to buy a Sher....uh...I mean...you can start going after coil/stator/black box.

Had exactly the same problem with the same bike. The stator has 2 triggers on, one is the firing trigger, if this this breaks down no spark at all. The other is the sensing trigger, if this breaks down the ignition doesn't know where it is. The sensing trigger was our problem yours sounds the same. I bought new stator but the stators are repairable. I spoke to a company called Bradford ignitions i think, Tel No. was in back of TMX. Good luck

Had exactly the same problem with the same bike. The stator has 2 triggers on, one is the firing trigger, if this this breaks down no spark at all. The other is the sensing trigger, if this breaks down the ignition doesn't know where it is. The sensing trigger was our problem yours sounds the same. I bought new stator but the stators are repairable. I spoke to a company called Bradford ignitions i think, Tel No. was in back of TMX. Good luck

This sounds like good advice from experience!

Yeah, I spoke to a bloke from west country windings when exactly the same thing that happened to STC happened to me, he said that the triggers would cause this problem, if you take your flywheel off and the black box on the stator towards the front lower side has corroded contacts than you can pretty much be sure that that is your problem since this is the timing trigger.

Bob

http://www.bvm-moto.co.uk/electrics.htm#le...iignitionsystem any one tried these over the standard stator.

can someone tell me what wire shold be connected to what so i can check the wiring. because i took the lights off and just want to double check that.

it does sound like the stator or cdi though because when u rev it hard it like misses

its reaLLY ANNOYING ME AND IS PUTING ME OFF THE BIKE :hl:

James

Edited by james111089

I gave up on my 04 Rev 3 after the second new stator packed in completely within 5 trials, luckily it was covered under warranty however that doesn't make up for missing two events. It is so frustrating getting to a trial, signing on and the bike has died.

BVM gave me a brilliant price for the bike against a new Scorpa, even though it wasn't running.

They had the puller in stock, as I remember, they posted one to me next day for