GasGas fire

dan williams

It happened in the early hours of Saturday. The fire started in the part of the warehouse where packaging is stored. The burning cardboard made it difficult to extinguish but only 5% of the factory has been effected, with no structural harm done. The production lines, offices and despatch area are unharmed so the company seems confident that production and delivery promises will be unaffected.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I was talking to someone on the advrider forum about this.  They claimed the fire affected the parts department and is causing a shortage here in the USA.  Anyone else experiencing this or is this just an unfounded rumor?  I was looking at a 5 year old GasGas locally as a first bike but this is worrying.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, woesten said:

I was talking to someone on the advrider forum about this.  They claimed the fire affected the parts department and is causing a shortage here in the USA.  Anyone else experiencing this or is this just an unfounded rumor?  I was looking at a 5 year old GasGas locally as a first bike but this is worrying.  Thanks.

That fire was back in MAY 2018 and nothing much happened  ..........You can look at a 20 year old GasGas  sounds like its just a problem with USA parts stock levels....you can obtain spares for GasGas from other countries in the world if you need them ;both new and second hand.

Edited by oni nou
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, woesten said:

Well, I dont recall you on the trials forum on adv. rider? A 5 year old gasser was before Torrot, so that could be part of the problem. There is plenty of Gas Gas parts in the USA. The problem is Torrot took over all operations of Gas Gas in the USA. Torrot has been short on parts. The real parts are owned by trials parts usa. AKA J.S.

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

there are lots of parts for gas gas and the same as all makes they are very similar since 04.

Most service items are generic and match other makes.

What are you specifically after @woesten?

I'm just shopping for a first trials bike.  Found a mint Beta Evo 250 after a long search, picking it up tomorrow.  Thanks 

Edited by woesten