Beta 4t in Trial 2

smurfy

Just wondering what with the montesa 300 dominating in Trial2 this year against the 250 2t's... then will Beta be looking at putting someone competitive on their 300 4t for some great exposure potential. 

I would think that if needed, a little tuning with the carb and  engine compression on the Evo factory model could make it competitive at T2 and/or national championship level.

Probably because the CV carb is fine for 90% of riders, it's only the other 10 at a very high level that need the instant power that a CV carb can't deliver as the engine vacuum isn't great enough to do so, There not designed as a performance carburettor but there great for low end smoothness which is probably what Beta have aimed for a good clubman bike, There's nothing to stop them trying a Mikuni pumper and changing compression with titanium valves, CDI for higher rpm to work with the ti valves, different cam profile etc.. and get a top rider running one, It'd get the job done as there a great reliable engine, In my opinion Beta should be working on a special 4t to run in the Trial2 class. It's about time it was promoted more.

• Like 1

Why not get top trial team back for a Junior team in T2 with 4t's, they can sell the works tune up kits to privateers like they used to.

Come on Mr Beta think you could be missing a trick here!

Incidentally, I think more wild cards in T2 would be great for promoting new talent, and viewing interest, it used to work well "back in the day" with superbikes and super sport.

• Like 1

Good question! I’ve thought this myself a few times this year , jan Peters can’t be running a stock set up he beat max faude into second place at the last German championship which is impressive , all the mods people are mentioning above ,does anyone know anyone who’s swapped the carb to make it more competitive? What’s the weight comparison between the beta and the mont?

• 1 month later...