Hi looking for a little help setting gas gas chain

Trials madness

5 minutes ago, oni nou said:

Sounds like your chain and sprockets may be worn out and you will get more adjustment available on the snails with a new chain that will be shorter in length with the same number of links.

Possibly with the movement in the snails were my finger is showing is were the pointer was before the noise started 

DSC_0018.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

Possibly with the movement in the snails were my finger is showing is were the pointer was before the noise started 

DSC_0018.JPG

Where you have the Snails now is the ideal position ...nothing wrong with the position in that picture.

3 minutes ago, oni nou said:

Where you have the Snails now is the ideal position ...nothing wrong with the position in that picture.

Ok originally they was straight out but then the noise came I've took them up to were they are but noise still there.maybe not as much when take the bike off the stand as when on stand.maybe the bike had the rubber guide originally when purchased and fell off dwn field Wich gave the noise an made the snails move up more not a clue tbh.

Edited by Trials madness

2 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

Ok originally they was straight out but then the noise came I've took them up to were they are but noise still there.maybe not as much when take the bike off the stand as when on stand.

2 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

Ok originally they was straight out but then the noise came I've took them up to were they are but noise still there.maybe not as much when take the bike off the stand as when on stand.

The rubber pad should stop the noise ,,,,you will have to drill a hole through the  frame and bash plate so that it can be bolted on with a small bolt and nut 6mm in size.

7 minutes ago, oni nou said:

The rubber pad should stop the noise ,,,,you will have to drill a hole through the  frame and bash plate so that it can be bolted on with a small bolt and nut 6mm in size.

There's two holes already there on mine one is a hole the other as a bolt holding bash plate to frame

39 minutes ago, Trials madness said:

The wheel is set so the marks are exact same both sides of bike on the snails.

The chain is noisey on the frame not the sprockets

In the real world, adjustment needs to be a straight wheel and chain. You might make sure everything lines up. The snail cam marks are just for reference.

3 minutes ago, lineaway said:

In the real world, adjustment needs to be a straight wheel and chain. You might make sure everything lines up. The snail cam marks are just for reference.

I Dnt think the line is the problem tbh as it's touching frame at bottom I mean I can do engine conversions in cars gearboxes head gaskets etc just never touched a bike only rode them but clever enough to know it's not an out of line problem I'd say more chain stretched or no rubber chain slip people keep saying 

Hate to tell you but you caliper is on wrong. Hard to tell by the picture. I bet if you roll the bike backwards with the brake on the caliper moves with it. The brake arm is usually flush with the swing arm . There is a bolt that breaks off, quite common.

You are 100000% missing the rubber, regardless of what the manual says. Fit one from a year you can find, or make something up, job done. From what i can remember they are only fixed with the sump plate bolt, the rest just curves around the frame and is unfixed at the other end

Edited by faussy

13 hours ago, lineaway said:

Hate to tell you but you caliper is on wrong. Hard to tell by the picture. I bet if you roll the bike backwards with the brake on the caliper moves with it. The brake arm is usually flush with the swing arm . There is a bolt that breaks off, quite common.

I bet it doesn't move a mm mate just checked it not had problems with brake just the chain but Thankyou for your input