Trs front pipe seal?

kwackerzak

When installing the header pipe, its best to try make sure the inlet is mated flush with the cylinder before snugging up the flange bolts evenly. Its not uncommon for someone to shove header on ,tighten up one bolt and then try catch up the second one, which does not help the situation. If your worried about it you can carefully bend the flange back with an adjustable wrench next time its off.   Now go ride:)

6 hours ago, kwackerzak said:

This is how the front pipe is fixed to the barrel on my trs. The gap seemed a bit bigger when I got it but I’ve nipped it up a tad. Surely this can’t be right?

E0109628-BDA1-4A0B-BB63-7E788384E0F7.jpeg

Looks like the flange is closer at the front than further back. I’d slacken the front bolt a few threads and pull the rear bolt in by the same amount. You may even find that a flat washer between the spring washer and flange may spread the load a little more and improve the fit. However it looks as though the majority reckon it’s ok that’s as long as it doesn’t leak.