Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

H - Heavy

O - Old

N - Nails

D - Dreadfully

A - Asthmatic

:P;):D:):P

Only joking, they're not that bad but not the best by a long way without mods.

Although I said every bit of Lejeune's bike before, it wasn't a production bike so I'd have to go with a Fantic 240 or a Majesty 320 as best twinshock available to Joe Public. Can't think that you could mix and match parts from other bikes to get a combination significantly better.

Being an Ossa fan I would nominate a MAR but as the post was to suggest the combination of parts to achieve the perfect twinshock I have to keep it realistic.

The MAR was way beyond perfection :D

give the guy a medal. The 240 Fantic is certainly one of the best; Now if I finish putting the 303 engine into it, 303 exhaust front, top engine mount.....300 front brake (Discs and hyrd clutchs are not intended for twinshocks and are illegal over here!)

301 swing arm, 300 seat, 303 gold rims (With tubes.....

Will post a picture if I ever finish it!

lee

post a picture of it as is, it sounds like a cracking conversion :P

(Discs and hyrd clutchs are not intended for twinshocks and are illegal over here!)

Notin my neck of the woods so if you have a set of disc wheels, calipers and associated front end send them my way, I will make good use of them on a twinshock - perhaps judging by my scores the word food better be deleted!

Where to start......

I have a 240 fantic which benefited very well from a 300 carb and inlet.A guy here put the dellorto from a 280 GG on his....

I only have a 3o3 rear brake kit left (caliper, MC, hose, disc, hub but no rim. You can have the lot inclding the swing arm for 40 quid......

give me two weeks for a picture, the frame is being blasted as it woz cracked...i will start a new thread.

the 200 fantic is also a great bike, assuming you are joe blow and not adam raga

• 2 weeks later...

bultaco was opened in what1967 ended in 1982..was that 15 years to win 5 times.....swm started in what 1978 ..ended in 1983..thats 6 years to win after the bikes got awhole lot better...can`t see how a bultaco is the best...mybe it`s me...johnnyb B):):P:P;)

I was only counting the World Championship which started in 1975, Lejeune won in 84 on his twin shock Honda[last twin shock ] However if you want to count the European championship which was the forerunner to the world championship and started in 1968 , you can credit Bultaco with another 4 titles and 2 extra riders. That makes 9 out of 17, not bad when they had no riders in 80 and 84, [sWM 1 from 8]

just rode a modern indoor trials. it had the normal stuff to ride on cars ,semi trailers,large tires ,and 2to 3 feet tall logs at all angles. finished with a score of 3,,a few of the same line riders called my bike a "cheater bike". what did i ride? 1981 280 swm..the only bulls ther were shercos...

• 5 years later...