Giving Us A Bad Name

atomant

..... and the biggest problem is that the majority of the population wont have the intelligence to recognise that we're not ALL like that

Steady on Stu, I think that's a bit harsh. Not defending these guys or condoning their actions for one moment but I think the general public will always have the intelligence to recognise and understand that the minority often ruin things for the majority.

We have to make sure as responsible riders that we are always polite, courteous and careful when we mix with walkers and horse riders when we come across them in a trial - slow right down, even stop and maybe switch off the engine. I always try and get eye contact and smile, it doesn't do (us) any harm.

Steady on Stu, I think that's a bit harsh. Not defending these guys or condoning their actions for one moment but I think the general public will always have the intelligence to recognise and understand that the minority often ruin things for the majority.

We have to make sure as responsible riders that we are always polite, courteous and careful when we mix with walkers and horse riders when we come across them in a trial - slow right down, even stop and maybe switch off the engine. I always try and get eye contact and smile, it doesn't do (us) any harm.

I think you will find this is exactly how 99.99% of trail bike riders have behaved in the past (i know myself and my mates did and all other TRF members act the same) and look where this has got trail riding, bunched in with nobs on mx bikes, paris dakar wanabee land rover drivers with 35" mud tyres, unfortunatly in this country it isnt the majority which matter its a few ramblers with mates in high places that get things done!! :):D grrr rant over thanks.

I think you will find this is exactly how 99.99% of trail bike riders have behaved in the past (i know myself and my mates did and all other TRF members act the same) and look where this has got trail riding, bunched in with nobs on mx bikes, paris dakar wanabee land rover drivers with 35" mud tyres, unfortunatly in this country it isnt the majority which matter its a few ramblers with mates in high places that get things done!! :):D grrr rant over thanks.

It's a fair point but I reckon as a trials riding community the vast majority of us, and that includes me, mumble about these problems on our insular self contained forums and never get off our backsides to collectively do anything really constructive about it in the same co-ordinated and coherant way that the Ramblers Association (or whoever they are) do.

Edited by Cleanasawhistle

It's a fair point but I reckon as a trials riding community the vast majority of us, and that includes me, mumble about these problems on our insular self contained forums and never get off our backsides to collectively do anything really constructive about it in the same co-ordinated and coherant way that the Ramblers Association (or whoever they are) do.

Trouble is how many trials riding polititians do you know???Bet there are loads that go rambling and/or have houses near to byways/boats/rupps etc!!

i was lucky (?) to have 2 candidates on my doorstep at the same time during the election, i challenged them on the defra rubbish that was going on the labour lovie said off roaders had no place off road. the liberal said ''i like rambling, ramblers could do more to clear up after them selves'' and that as long as we left it as we found it he didnt have a problem with us

liberals won in rochdale by 40 some votes

we/ you can make a difference!