Jump to content

evo boy

Any reviews on the 280

Recommended Posts

 

 
2 hours ago, dwb5151 said:

I have the 300 and its a beast

I have a 250 and its a great bike but was thinking of a 280 this time and wanted to know if anyone has one and there views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The German magazine 'Trailsport' did a review of the 200, 250, 280 and 300. Their verdict is that the 280 feels softer than the 250. The 280 feels as it has less power than the 250 and behaves more tractor-like; more grunt as a 250 but not very lively. The 300 was described as a wolf in wolf's clothing...A bit too much and too quick for the reporter.
(by the way: tricky to translate and summarise from German into English..)

Upcoming in the next months (depending on Covid-19): the R version of 2020 models, the mandatory Lampkin replica and a Busto replica. So enough to choose from

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 16 aprile 2020 at 7:37 PM, tcrhino said:

 

Upcoming in the next months (depending on Covid-19): the R version of 2020 models, the mandatory Lampkin replica and a Busto replica. So enough to choose from

 

The 2020 R model has been available for at least a couple of months now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I have a 280 R2, definitely my best bike ever. The motor has a flywheel weight on as standard and a claimed extra 4BHP over the previous standard model. Lovely engine, quicker than the lazy grunt of a 300 but with what feels like similar power/torque. Not like the 250 which, in standard form can provide a jerky low end response in comparison to the 280. The 280 has a very strong, linear power delivery, grips very well, picks up quick and is a buzz to ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
On 4/16/2020 at 6:37 PM, tcrhino said:

The German magazine 'Trailsport' did a review of the 200, 250, 280 and 300. Their verdict is that the 280 feels softer than the 250. The 280 feels as it has less power than the 250 and behaves more tractor-like; more grunt as a 250 but not very lively. The 300 was described as a wolf in wolf's clothing...A bit too much and too quick for the reporter.
(by the way: tricky to translate and summarise from German into English..)

Upcoming in the next months (depending on Covid-19): the R version of 2020 models, the mandatory Lampkin replica and a Busto replica. So enough to choose from

 

have you got a link to this review ??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 10/4/2020 at 10:55 AM, peterb said:

I have a 280 R2, definitely my best bike ever. The motor has a flywheel weight on as standard and a claimed extra 4BHP over the previous standard model. Lovely engine, quicker than the lazy grunt of a 300 but with what feels like similar power/torque. Not like the 250 which, in standard form can provide a jerky low end response in comparison to the 280. The 280 has a very strong, linear power delivery, grips very well, picks up quick and is a buzz to ride.

Peter just out of interest what was your previous bike to the R2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hi jsp, a Vertigo Ice 300, then a whole bunch of bikes over the last 40 years.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...