Jotagas back up.

Moomoo

What is parts back up like for Jgas bikes. They seem to be shrouded in mystery. Even googling , gives few definitive answers. They look well built and thoughtfully designed.?

Edited by Moomoo
Typo

I ordered a 280 cc 2021 model on december 4 th !!Waiting for it !

Actually i have a 300 cc 2012 model since year an half and i enjoy it , really a good bike ! The worst is the gear box , imprecise and too much travel on the lever, the diagram clutch is sensitive to the cleaning and a bit harsh but since the 2017 and then 2019 models everything is on par with the others brands .The best is lightweight ,good frame ,very good rear suspension but needs (as the others bikes ) the proper spring for rider weight ,the other stuff is identical to the brands .Love also the aluminum frame and integrated gas tank, no rust , no inflated petrol tank , stiff frame ,average good quality components .Jotagas, now G 2 has a direct platform to order spare parts directly from factory and the bikes are at a very competitive low price !! Mine cost me 4500 Euros ex-works  no VAT !

13 hours ago, freedoo said:

I ordered a 280 cc 2021 model on december 4 th !!Waiting for it !

Actually i have a 300 cc 2012 model since year an half and i enjoy it , really a good bike ! The worst is the gear box , imprecise and too much travel on the lever, the diagram clutch is sensitive to the cleaning and a bit harsh but since the 2017 and then 2019 models everything is on par with the others brands .The best is lightweight ,good frame ,very good rear suspension but needs (as the others bikes ) the proper spring for rider weight ,the other stuff is identical to the brands .Love also the aluminum frame and integrated gas tank, no rust , no inflated petrol tank , stiff frame ,average good quality components .Jotagas, now G 2 has a direct platform to order spare parts directly from factory and the bikes are at a very competitive low price !! Mine cost me 4500 Euros ex-works  no VAT !

where are you?

I 'm in Colombia ,South America . Between 2012 and 2015 around 15 Jgas where imported to this country ,I bought a 2012 in good shape 18 months ago, had a Monty 315 97 and then a Sherco Cabestany 2007 , the Jgas is still a modern bike ,very light (63,8 kg without petrol measured by myself ) ,good engine ,good suspensions, very poor marketing and excellent price !!! Many of the main inconvenient have been  corrected (as the others brands ) so is why I ordered a new one but 280 cc ,the 300 cc is only needed on big obstacles !

As the owner of a recently acquired Jotagas 250 I can't fault Vince at Haventrialsport, great with the advice and everything I needed (which was quite a lot, courtesy of some previous owner, in no way the bike's fault), was readily available and came in a few days. Updated stuff from later models can be retrofitted to earlier models such as the improved selector mechanism which gets rid of the excess lever travel...that's next on my list.

It rides and handles well, power delivery is smooth and it's generally easy to maintain, lots of components are common to other manufacturers and are industry standard. It's a shame they were let down by politics and poor communications, hopefully they can turn that around. 

IMG-20210101-WA0021.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Heavydabber !!Very nice bike, it seems in very good shape !!What i suggest is to change the rear brake lever by the improved 2016 version who is inside the frame and not too difficult to do.Perhaps putting 10 mm spacers on the front mudguard and absolutely imperative check the bolts of the crank (top and bottom) and the bolts and nuts of the rear sprocket !!!!Be vigilant to with the space between the muffler and the airbox ,absolutely no contact because the airbox will melt and it ´s pretty expensive !!Enjoy your bike !

Sadly i ´haven't be able to send pictures of mine ! 

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

How so?

There's surely been plenty of discussion around that already on the Jgas thread as a whole? Including stories that parts weren't available which I've personally found out to be untrue before I posted on here; plus you can even order direct from the factory.

Their lack of communication problem is of their own making though.