Back Yard Playground

Guest total nobody

Guest total nobody

The other morning my wife said to me "I was thinking of a "ROCK GARDEN" in the corner of the property.

My ears perked up! and my eyes got really big! and I yelled OK!!!! B)

My wife's head dropped into her hands as she realized what she had just done.

So guess who has not been able to sleep the past two nights! :P

I need input. looking for ideas,

I am able to build with steel,concrete,wood and stone.

I'm thinking boulders and a tool shed with a splatter wall :)

any ideas?????

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some pictures of a trials garden I made last year. It is all big field stones that I found around our farm. The ground around the rocks is covered with woodchips which looks nice and also makes for soft crash landings! Plus when done riding, the woodchips can be raked back over the tracks and nobody driving by can tell it is more than just landscaping. I also planted some shrubs and ornamental grasses to make it look pretty. The first few pictures were before I had everything planted and the woodchips extended out as far as they are now. I also have some bigger rocks in there now that I don't have pictures of yet. There are a bunch more pictures in the links below.

http://www.thornappleaussies.com/kennelhou...ialsoct05_1.htm

http://www.thornappleaussies.com/kennelhou...ialsoct05_2.htm

http://www.thornappleaussies.com/kennelhou...rialsgarden.htm

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

Guest total nobody

Brockway, totally sweet!

Nice set up!

We are on the same page I am trying to get my paws on a industrial size roll of rubber roof membrain so I can get a little water action going.

I had to replace my 1 1/2 hp pool pump last spring and i will rebuild the old pump for a water feature of some sort.

My brain is going 1,000 mph with ideas. :)

mini creek bed water fall kinda thing I'm not shure?

You stole my idea for when i win the lottery :hyper:

Brockway i am green with envy :) , Ideal for when your bored or want to blow off some steam

i dont know abt planning law in the USA but in England you need planning permission for such a "rock garden" over a certain size, even if it is on your property.

Scott

Nice work Brockway! (Aaron).

I can't wait for this years mota event at your place.

Total Nobody. Come up to michigan to check out some of our events.

Here is a rail road tie Box we built up in flint.

post-712-1140459169.jpgpost-712-1140459201.jpgpost-712-1140459233.jpgBy the start of the season it should have a little sister next to it.

See you at your next trials inc event in march.

i know its not in my back garden or anything but i went to beazley end trials park at the weekend and loved it. ive never been to one of these before and they are perfect for whatever you want to try. I rode the novice route as its only my sixth trial although im thinking of moving up a route as i could ride most of the inter routes there. i lost 11 marks but should have been 8 as a three had been added on even though i never got a three??????

still just to reccomend these trials parks!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::) :boldblue:

Had a trial at the perth venue last Sunday, got to ride there for another trial again this Sunday and the Sunday after that there is a practice day there. Lifes a bummer man!!!!! mind you the novelty wears off in 35deg, sometimes I dream of a 1deg Kent trial with real water and slippery tree roots.

You guys are welcome to ride there when you all come over for the Australian nationals in october!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a trial at the perth venue last Sunday, got to ride there for another trial again this Sunday and the Sunday after that there is a practice day there. Lifes a bummer man!!!!! mind you the novelty wears off in 35deg,

Your killin' me over here Mark, as I sit in a bloody "white" world :) 35 degs sounds pretty nice to me :hyper: