Sy 250f

sherco 125

Good to see your still about.

28.7 comes out at a 1 per day....now what are we talking?

1 x kilometer

1 x mile

1 x clean :beer:

1x break down :o

1 x crash :huh:

1 x motor rebuild :rolleyes:

1 x nooky :rolleyes:

1 x flat tyre ^_^

1 x litres used

come on lets know how she goes ?

Steve.

Doc Holiday Posted Sep 12 2006, 10:52 PM

I'll try to get this going

I'll awesome your new Scorpa 4-strokes suck since nobody wants to say anything about it .

Looks like you have hit the nail on the head Doc.

Even Shans jumped ship !

Saw Frank at our club event last weekend riding his new 4T, and it looked and rode

Well, it is nice to know that it "looked and rode". Frank might not like it otherwise. :guinness:

Hahaha!

It looked a the section, and it rode the other way :wacko:

I had my first ride on one this weekend. After the trial I went back to ride some of the sections I had ridden earlier and my experience was I really didn't take to it at all.. Maybe there was a problem with the one I rode but these were the things I found:

The clutch had like a mild drag to it. When holding on the clutch then releasing there was a delayed bite. Not instant like the Sherco or the Gasser.

There wasn't a big speed range through the gears. Riding in first then hitting the speed it seemed to give the feeling of running out of steam quite quickly with the power noticibly dropping away at the top end of the rev range.

I found it easy to stall at slow speed with the clutch out.

I dont care what anyone says.. it sounds naff. Period! very flat sound with no 4 stroke grunty bark

I had a sherco 4T for about 5 months and in comparison and in my humble opinion, the (fixed)Sherco is still a way better bike. :P

Maybe there was a problem with the one I rode...

Since you took the time to mention it, one would suspect that you believe this to be the case. Any reason to believe that the one you rode was out of the ordinary? Or had something different about it than the standard production bikes will have?

It is interesting how widely the reports vary on the bike. Others (US Riders I have spoken to) report that the bike is soft on the bottom, and then hits hard as the revs come on. I know that the bike comes with various jets, alternate slides, etc. for tuning, so I suspect that there will initially be a wide variety of reports as people ride different bikes that have been modified in different ways.

One of the US riders has been working closely with a local Yamaha employee that has a lot of experience with the WR250F engine. They have been trying to incorporate his knowledge of the engine into the jetting and carb setup. The US Scorpa importer experimented with their setup, and several other variations, before returning to the stock setup. In his opinion, a new engine is way too tight to start passing judgement on and needs to be broken in before attempting to arrive at a good setup. The engine's tightness was contributing to the tendancy to stall at low RPM's, and goes away as the engine breaks in. Do you know how many hours were on the bike that you rode? Had the owner been playing with the jetting, slides, needle, etc. or was the bike stock?

Mine arrives Thursday, so I am looking forward to some first hand experience with the bike! :P