Sy 250f

sherco 125

JR

Some time ago I e-mailed Scorpa at the contact us list at Scorpa.fr questioning when the SY250F would be available in the US (never expecting a response). Last week I received an e-mail stating that TB would be riding the SY250F at the US world round and that after the event the bike will be available in the US. Guess they are holding out on us so that the bike can debut here with a very capable rider. So much for that $60 pre-entry!! :D

Frank

Edited by AHAMAYfrank

I had a wr250f for many years and as a race engine it was fine... It was a bit of a pig to start ... Obviously theres a second cam shaft

not quite understand?

can only have been a few years, they did not make a WR250F until 03

a pig to start? the button so hard to push?

obviously 2nd cam? after 'many years' you do not know for sure?

btw the engine Scorpa uses derives from the YZf not the WRf

ever thought about different shape air canals, smaller valves, other shape cam, a lot smaller carb, different shape headpipe ...

sorry

but I feel better now

Sorry ev the WR250F came out before 03, I think it was 01, at least that's as old as I saw in the cycle trader. :D

I have ridden 250f's and I don't think there should be any lack of power in the transformation even for the world round riders :D The new yzf's start just fine so that shouldn't be a problem.

there's 3 being ridden this week, one by narita, one by the development rider & one other (don't know rider).

Didn't appear to be any probs starting when we saw them on day 1 & 2. Nice & quiet also. One or two of the Mont's are loud....