Front sprocket torq?

Beardy

Hi all

Anyone know the torq setting for the front sprocket nut? I have online ty350 manual which covers most of what i need for my 250, but no reference to the front sprocket at all?!

It does have a table of torq settings based on nut size, but it only goes up to 20mm and that’s 130Nm!!

thanks

Traditional nut and washer. I’m used to road bikes so same set up. 
i used be really good at over tightening nuts and bolts from my early 2 stroke days - fear of everything rattling lose. No chance of that, I couldn’t even undo stuff next time around!! 

I'm always wary of following published torque settings on older bikes.  The torque settings the manufacturers publish assume brand new hardware of the OEM spec.  I tend to be a little cautious.  Get it on tight, but use a drop of carefully applied blue loctite. Blue, not red! 

Only snag with blue loctite is, you can't test it for torque a week later unless you're willing to reapply the loctite again, but it's easy to remove and reapply.  I use it on everything after a lifetime of big v-twins, which are constantly attempting to self destruct.

• Like 1

Dont know about the ty but a classic motocross bike i have has 100 Nm in the manual. Ive seen 90 Nm for other bikes. As lowside says though, im always a bit wary of 50 year old threads stripping at high torques

Edited by faussy

Thanks  - just realised that as the cover is off (for welding), and I’m learning what everything is. Kick start shaft has a fair bit of play, not sure what needs replacing yet?? I guess there will be a list if jobs to get done while the cover is off?! Hopefully it doesn’t cost me a fortune in parts needed 🤞🏻