EVO 200 MY 23 ?

alfonso

2 hours ago, alfonso said:

Hi,thinking of purchasing a evo 2oo 2023 model, does anyone have any thoughts, experience or tips on this model.

i will be riding mainly easy/white routes so i don't need to conquer any boulders !?

My advice is buy it ,  Beta Trials bikes are made for the club rider and If you are riding easy  white route you will be completely over biked so you will have plenty in reserve as far as  power and the bikes technical ability and they are a cheaper option with fairly good spare parts availability they have a steep steering head aswell so turning tight is easier.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tr1AL said:

My advice is buy it ,  Beta Trials bikes are made for the club rider and If you are riding easy  white route you will be completely over biked so you will have plenty in reserve as far as  power and the bikes technical ability and they are a cheaper option with fairly good spare parts availability they have a steep steering head aswell so turning tight is easier.

1 minute ago, alfonso said:

so all positive so far, i am returning after a few years out, last bike was a SY 250=lovely soft power delivery,,just seen a few negative comments about the EVO 200 in the last 2/3 years,

thank's for the replies 😁

They changed the way the stator and Fly wheel is positioned in its housing for reasons of gyro effect and this means that  adding fly wheel weights has changed. People dont like change on the whole  but there are'nt really any other major changes to the bike , Buy an older version if it is bothering you. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, alfonso said:

Thank's , i had read /heard it was a flywheel issue that was causing the negativity, obviously we are all different riders and no bike is a 'one fit suits all'

If you will be riding a lot of muddy venues and you are interested in messing about with your bike then these things matter but the newer version will be fine , you just have to adapt to the way the bike is set up in any case so it will not be an issue , in mud use a black domino throttle tube and in the dry use a white throttle tube , they only cost about £17. If you ride mud Use an IRC Rear tyre in place of a Michelin or Dunlop. 

• Like 1

I had a '21 200 Factory, to which I added the Beta Heavy flywheel. I now have a '23 200 Factory with the standard flywheel, and like it better. It's a tad snappier and still has plenty of grunt.It raised my riding a level. It has near the power of a 250, but slightly lower ground speed with stock gearing. I ride in the Finger Lakes region of NY, and our conditions are quite muddy year round.

• Like 2

They don't suit everyone, me for example. I bought a new one as many people rave about them on line. Actually more people rave about them than ride them. If you have climbs and hills they are not a good choice. If your riding ground is flat or gently sloping river beds, fine. If there is s steep bank it is hard to judge the power necessary to ascend. If on a twisty climb it is very hard to pull away uphill if you have slowed down. An ordinary and softer 250 might be a better choice IMHO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, micm said:

They don't suit everyone, me for example. I bought a new one as many people rave about them on line. Actually more people rave about them than ride them. If you have climbs and hills they are not a good choice. If your riding ground is flat or gently sloping river beds, fine. If there is s steep bank it is hard to judge the power necessary to ascend. If on a twisty climb it is very hard to pull away uphill if you have slowed down. An ordinary and softer 250 might be a better choice IMHO.

Alfonso will need to show you the white easy route in the UK ,  Riding in between the sections to get to them  on that route is usually the challenging part. 

Edited by Tr1AL
  • Like 1