Vegan friendly trials boots

Clitheroekid

2 hours ago, Clitheroekid said:

Anyone know of any vegan friendly trials boots .. I'm struggling .. Thought maybe Gaerne Balance Classics made from Lorica but not sure 

Thanks 

Steve

YES    rubber safety wellies £22 screw fix they did the job back in the day ! 

• Like 1

The oiled balance gaernes are full grain leather. Their coloured boots are lorica, and so are sidis, but i think the inside of the calf on the sidis is leather. The sidis are not a confortable boot IMO, because of the lorica, possibly. The lorica gaernes are also inferior to the full grain version. In saying that, the gaernes are still a decent boot. Infact i think i remember way back hearing graham jarvis used to prefer the lorica version because they were stiffer. Alpinstars and forma are leather. The gaernes could be your only option, and in fairness, not a bad option

Looks like the hebos could be at the very least part synthetic, hard to tell if its 100% syn

https://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk/products/hebo-tech-30-micro-black-trials-boots?variation=502510&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjww_iwBhApEiwAuG6ccM5-fZc_Fbr0Nd5ZxWjdzE8JmqIzT79DY3tydbkzrYBXXK70aw8iyBoC004QAvD_BwE

Edited by faussy

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, on it said:

YES    rubber safety wellies £22 screw fix they did the job back in the day ! 

Aye when I started trials in the 70's Dunlop trials wellies were the business .. A good rider will still star wearing them 😁 

Edited by Clitheroekid

43 minutes ago, faussy said:

The oiled balance gaernes are full grain leather. Their coloured boots are lorica, and so are sidis, but i think the inside of the calf on the sidis is leather. The sidis are not a confortable boot IMO, because of the lorica, possibly. The lorica gaernes are also inferior to the full grain version. In saying that, the gaernes are still a decent boot. Infact i think i remember way back hearing graham jarvis used to prefer the lorica version because they were stiffer. Alpinstars and forma are leather. The gaernes could be your only option, and in fairness, not a bad option

Looks like the hebos could be at the very least part synthetic, hard to tell if its 100% syn

https://www.dirtbikexpress.co.uk/products/hebo-tech-30-micro-black-trials-boots?variation=502510&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjww_iwBhApEiwAuG6ccM5-fZc_Fbr0Nd5ZxWjdzE8JmqIzT79DY3tydbkzrYBXXK70aw8iyBoC004QAvD_BwE

Thanks for the reply Faussy .. Had a reply from Hebo .. they are part synthetic and part leather.. Looking as you said like Gaernes .. cheers 🙌👍

4 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

My Gaernes are vegan-friendly. They've never once kicked a vegan. 😀

😂😂 Are they Balance Classics ? Gaerne never reply .. In fact was chatting to importer and they don't reply to him either .. Do you speak Italiano by any chance ? 😂😂

On 4/17/2024 at 1:53 PM, Clitheroekid said:

😂😂 Are they Balance Classics ? Gaerne never reply .. In fact was chatting to importer and they don't reply to him either .. Do you speak Italiano by any chance ? 😂😂

I've no idea. I bought them six years ago because they were the only trials boot that claimed to be waterproof, which seems to me to be a fundamental requirement for trials. Sorry no parlo Italiano.

What are the exact requirements for

" Vegan Friendly" ?

Is it - no leather or fur ? ,    or is it more complicated ?

I was just thinking, some adhesive may contain animal products, that sort of thing.

Is the person making them not allowed to eat cream cakes , pork pies  etc. ?

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2024 at 4:44 PM, djr said:

What are the exact requirements for

" Vegan Friendly" ?

Is it - no leather or fur ? ,    or is it more complicated ?

I was just thinking, some adhesive may contain animal products, that sort of thing.

Is the person making them not allowed to eat cream cakes , pork pies  etc. ?

First part of your question is sensible ..then it goes silly 😂 animal product free is what we need .   quite simple really ... Lots of footwear is now .. cheers 

1 hour ago, Clitheroekid said:

First part of your question is sensible ..then it goes silly 😂 animal product free is what we need .   quite simple really ... Lots of footwear is now .. cheers 

What should they do with all the dead animal hides, would you have them buried or burned?  <- a reasonable question.

On 4/24/2024 at 5:05 PM, Clitheroekid said:

It was only  a joke 😊

Maybe a sense of humour isn't "Vegan Friendly"

Seriously though, it is hard to know what complies to these sort of requirements, as animal products can be found in all sorts of manufactured items, and getting an honest answer from a manufacturer could be difficult.

Some stuff is obvious - leather etc. , but adhesive etc. is not obvious at all and would need research if it's that important to you