Important! All "06 Pro Owners!

blocky

IMPORTANT! ALL "06 PRO OWNERS!! 24 Mar 2006

ALL "06 250/280/300 AND 125 Racing MODEL PRO CUSTOMERS WITH THE "SILVER OHLINS SHOCK"

We have now had 7 x "06 ohlins shocks lose their damping.

This is un-heard of with Ohlins but we have sussed the reason why;

The 'service screw' on top of the shock is VERY close on some bikes to touching the frame.

Because the topbush is rubber, under heavy use, the bush flexes and then the screw is damaged, then losing all the nitrogen.

All "06 BIKES MUST BE CHECKED!

Take off your airbox and you'll see the screw on top of the shock.

If your screw has been touching then you need to;

1. Grind the frame away a little to give more clearance.

2. Phone myself 01298 766811 or JUDE 01298 766812 and we will send you a different rose bearing type top bush.

You can either fit a new type bush yourself or contact your GG dealer where you bought your bike.

THIS MUST BE DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE because to add to this problem we have NO ohlins shocks in stock to replace them if the shock fails and we cannot 're-gas' the shocks here.

They have to go back to Ohlins.

if it has a twist by hand adjuster at the bottom you are ok :blush:

if you adjust it with a screwdriver you must replace the top bush or grind the frame away :)

on the gold ohlins the top bush is a solid rose joint

on the silver shoke it has a rubber top bush

Gasgas are just so *****. I should know, i have a 2004 300 pro. Why does the bottom yoke have to dent the frame? The QA man should be strung up by his Balls!

It wouldnot happen on a Mont, and doesnt happen on my fantic!

If the engine wasnt so luvvly......!

Lee

Edited by Lee Harris

If any of you guys would like to have your dampers modified to solve the above problem then please contact me. The bearing and mods to the frame DO NOT totally solve the problem. The reason for this is that you can not re-gas the damper with the existing grub screw configuration (as per above photo)!!!! Please call the following for the complete solution to the problem by a Ohlins engineer and any servicing requirements 07786 926501