Rev3 Buying Advice

348mate

I am contemplating a rev3 as my 1 and only modern bike! just to see what i am missing using an old honda/fantic.....

i am looking at say 2000year up to a 2003 .any pros or cons from this narrow span?

what about 250 versus 270 ??? anything else i should know or be aware of?

thanks S.M.

Also, the rear brake pedal is quite close to the chain and if the pedal gets bent then it rubs.It's not to much of a problem as it can be fixed with the aid of a mallet :lol: !

p.s the 250 will give plenty power.I weigh quite a lot and mine gets me around with ease. :)

Edited by betamike

Newer the better - 02 had bigger airbox, and 03 (I think..) lighter shock & lighter wheel. All were worthwhile improvements. I wouldn't reccommend an 00 or 01, unless they were silly cheap.

Thanks guys, just have to find one, as there isnt too many round these parts!! And i dont have the time to travel very far to view.....

Would buying from a dealer be OK.? ie. trusting the description etc over the phone? Any quiet recomendations anyone??

S.M.

Dont discount the 200 Beta mind...

I've had an 04 200 now for a few months and love it. Finds grip really well, and not as fiery as a 250 for someone with (very!)limited ability.....

i've had a brand new 03 250 GG Pro (was too snappy), a Scorpa 125 (loved it, but the Beta came up and I fancied a change) and for me the Beta is the best of the 3.

cheers

John

Edited by John B

I was in exacetely your position.

I had several goes on the 200 and 250. The 200 is the easiest to ride, feels lighter and certainly better for Novice / Clubman use. The 270 has a lot more torque but when you open the throttle can get you into trouble easy.

the end of the day it depends on what level of rider you and what you are looking for in a bike. The bikes power delivery are very different.

Try and ride them at your local club before buying. If not find a dealer that has 2nd hand ones in stock and ride all three back to back, worth travelling for.

I bought the 270 but it feels far more powerful than the 200/250 and made my first off a big one!

Still think the 270 is best for me though will rarely have the throttle on its stop.

Edited by betabantam

Ok, I have secured a 2001 270. Well looked after, best colour in my opinion and fair price. Its older than some of you suggested i got, but given i have no modern bikes, to me it will be a huge leap forward. And if i dont like it,i wont lose much money given the reasonable purchase price. Again i perhaps should have got a 250, but as i havent tried any others i wont really have anything to compare it to....and this bike came along at the right time,condition,price etc.

I should get it early next week, and will give my impressions on a Beta soon.!

Thanks to all for the varied advice.

S.M.