Making Or Buying?

beta_basher

Does anyone know of somewhere that sells the red and blue flags that they use to mark out sections, or a cheap and effective way of making them. I have a rough idea how to make them but not sure what to make the actual flag and pole out of.

Cheers

:) BB :)

Edited by beta_basher

From memory there is a company in York something surveying, they sell the flags ready made. However as you might expect the tight a***d (who said that) yorkshire folk actually still make there own! Incredible I know but Perce is probably the guy to fill you in on materials required.

Go to your local PVC window supplier and they sell 25mm D-Strip which is used for filling in gaps between window and wall when they fit new windows. These strips come in 5 metre lengths (I think) for about

Straighten a wire coat hanger-- you should then snip it in half.

Bend one end (top)back in a small loop (just in case you land on it!).

Cut 2 inches of red or blue duct tape and fold it around the top of the shaft..et voila....

...a mini flag good enough for practice and small enough to fit in a large bum bag.

Not perfect but the small size makes you look up for the next flag.. if you catch my drift :P