Slow Action Throttle.

joandemma

Slow action has a smaller diameter for the throtte cable to wrap around. This means more throttle action is required to open the carb fully. Gives you more control and stops you giving it a big handful and getting spat off the back (except in my case). You will find some range of oppinion on this site as to the value of getting a slow action throttle but it helped me (sort of) tame my Sherco 290.

Cheers, Mike

Basically 2 pie r equals circumference.

Change the circumference the cable is pulled at a diferent rate depending on the size.

In simple terms for any given twist, a slow throttle will move the slide less giving the bike less go.

Ideal for youths who have no control over their hands when clenched around a cylindrical member. :P

some people use them for slowing the bike down or for them to be able to control it better under slow or tight sections and if they dont have good throttle control as they have more "play" in the throttle

Black is slow, another wayis to make the groove deeper for the first 10mm or so on the fast throttle so you have an initial slow bit of movement, use a hacksaw blade and small file (its cheaper too!!!) :P