4rt Electronic Fuel Injection

atomant

When the 4RT was announced, people were saying that the 4rt's EFI system was too 'high tech' and be difficult to fix .. and be expensive to fix .. etc etc..

And a year or so on, I havent seen anyone on this forum say anything bad about it whatsoever. Has anyone had any major problems?? If so, they are pretty rare!

I think Honda have been truly vindicated by their bold decision to go EFI and looking at the increasing sales of the machine, other people think so too!

Credit when its due eh :D

Now if only Sherco had done the same. :D

I don't have one But, I have been around a lot of people that do and not one problem. When I first heard about the fuel injection I thought it seemed pretty scary especially for the first year bike. I am very impressed with them and now I wouldn't buy a 4t that had a carb. Good job Montesa :D Hope all the new 4t's come with it.

Edited by sirhc

I must say that i was converted at the ssdt

Caroline loaned me a brand new 4RT for the week :P - I had never been on one before but i was impressed with their consistency - they just are unstallable - they are totally opposite to what i expected, and brilliant on the moors and tracks - now i have to save up my pennies to buy one :D

a BIG thank you to all at Sandifords. :D

Some of the machines over here have completed two very full seasons of trials and practice without any issues at all with the EFI.

Despite the concerns EFI is really very commonplace and has been operating reliably on a variety of petrol motors for some years now.

In time there will almost certainly be some failures however the smooth trouble free and programmable power available in between time is worth every dollar.

In time there will almost certainly be some failures however the smooth trouble free and programmable power available in between time is worth every dollar.

I couldn't agree more :D Electronic mapping is flexible and fast. With so many parameters being able to be adjusted, the options are endless. All 4t manufacturers should go that way IMHO.

QUOTE(overthehill @ May 12 2006, 09:41 PM)

I must say that i was converted at the ssdt

Caroline loaned me a brand new 4RT for the week  - I had never been on one before but i was impressed with their consistency - they just are unstallable - they are totally opposite to what i expected, and brilliant on the moors and tracks -  now i have to save up my pennies to buy one 

a BIG thank you to all at Sandifords.

No Problem Mark - It was a pleasure. Hope Mrs Whitham is as happy !!

Regards,

Caroline

Someone at Sandifords has written your name on the headstock

John - I like to think that it was put on in the factory -

just like Dougies :wall::D - dont rub it off now - i'll sign it if you want. :blink:B)

Edited by overthehill

• 2 weeks later...