Trials On Tv

ringo

I got this via email from Ian at TrialsTV:

Gas Gas Trials Riders Chris Florin and Keith Wineland will appear THIS THURSDAY, June 29th on ABC's show 'Master of Champions'. Show time is 8pm EST but please check local times for this show, which may vary.

Here are some extracts from Barry Florin:

I got this via email from Ian at TrialsTV:

Gas Gas Trials Riders Chris Florin and Keith Wineland will appear THIS THURSDAY, June 29th on ABC's show 'Master of Champions'. Show time is 8pm EST but please check local times for this show, which may vary.

Here are some extracts from Barry Florin:

‘Here is a brief history of how this all transpired;

I was contacted by several ABC sports representatives several months ago about the sport of trials and how impressive the rider's abilities were. They wanted to know if it would be possible to have several of my best riders on the "Master of Champions" show to do a version of an indoor trials competition.

Over a several week period, we worked out a scenario of obstacles based on what the riders could do with the trials bikes.....and with Chris and Keith, pretty much anything was possible, much to their amazement.

ABC flew Chris and Keith out to Los Angeles, provided for all their needs (they even got paid) and shipped their bikes out also. They had two days of practice and section tune-up (Tuesday and Wednesday) and then the live show was on Thursday.

Millions of people will see this show and will be made aware of the Sport of Trials, so this should be a big shot in the arm for the sport, as well as "Star" status for Chris and Keith! So, be sure to tune in to the ABC channel next Thursday evening at 8:00 EST. You might want to check your TV guide to be sure of the channel and time for this show’

Sounds great, Just need the BBC or ITV to follow suit ;)

This will be great.

I work nights and won't be able to record the show so if someone records it and has the capability to render the trials segment to a WMV, send it to me and I'll post it on our server for all to view.

ABC originally contacted the Plonkers, here in Los Angeles County, as we host the world famous TFM syndicate but our fearless leader suggested that they actually go after the sports "official" top riders [since my knee is bad and I don't like publicity at all.] :beer:;)

Funny they never contacted that other guy who lives out here who is the world champion something or other.

Just make sure you get the VCR's set!

There will be some Trials Riding on Prime time TV this week...

About the show...

http://abc.go.com/primetime/masterofchampions/index.html

Notice the description at the website for the epside? ROFL...

A low-rider car jumps rope and a world record card thrower slays fruit -

- plus an Urban Freestyle match and a yo-yo showdown that keep things rolling!

Sniplets of an Email that I got follwoing this subject...

email forwarded from others until it got to me

{including GasGas USA Importer Dale Malasek}

It reads:

from Barry Florin describing the events they and Chris

went through before the show even started.....also details about the airing

of the show This Thursday evening. June 29th 2006

Here is a brief history of how this all transpired;

I was contacted by several ABC sports representatives several months ago

about the sport of trials and how impressive the rider's abilities were.

They wanted to know if it would be possible to have several of my best

riders on the "Master of Champions" show to do a version of an indoor trials

competition.

Over a several week period, we worked out a scenario of obstacles based on

what the riders could do with the trials bikes.....and with Chris and Keith,

pretty much anything was possible, much to their amazement.

ABC flew Chris and Keith out to Los Angeles, shipped their bikes out also.

They had two days of practice and section tune-up (Tuesday and Wednesday)

and then the live show was on Thursday.

Millions of people will see this show and will be made aware of the Sport of

Trials, so this should be a big shot in the arm for the sport, as well as

"Star" status for Chris and Keith! So, be sure to tune in to the ABC

channel next Thursday evening at 8:00 EST. You might want to check your TV

guide to be sure of the channel and time for this show.

Reguards, Dale

{end of snipplets from my email} Please excuse any mistakes in punctuation, & layout & omissions, I didnt copy the ENtire message, & the email "quote stripper" program I used, well it aint much, but copied enough to get the idea.

Edited by Sting32

About time we had some decent sport on tv im sick of watching that bunch of pansys they call an english football squad showing england up why don,t they just pack their bag,s & give up.

Will this be a weekly thing or a one off??

ABC orginally contacted the Pa. Posse about performing on this show as well, problem was none of them could even spell "ABC" let alone appear on one of their Prime time tevelvision show.. We are sure that Chris and Keith will put on a good show for them in our absense ..........D ;)

Edited by D. Sileo

Hi Steve, How are you and yours ? Always been lurking in the background here just not alot to say these days , been real busy with family matters, Son got married this past May , daugther just finished first year of College and yougest son just graduated High school and is headed out soon to become a dentist....As a long time sponsor and supporter of Chris Florin, this is going to be great to watch and is always good overall for the sport we all love so much.......Chris is a great guy , a ton of fun to hang with and on top of all that, a great rider and advocate of trials in the USA......We always wish him the best in all that he does......Peace ..........D

Edited by D. Sileo