4rt Losing Power

windlestone

Any one care to flash a ferret at this?

05 4rt never been a problem. In a small trial yesterday, short laps low entry. While riding the second lap just about non stop cos there were no que's i did the second lap without re fuelling tank was below half full i stopped half way round the lap to rest, it was really hot and sunny, i got talking to various people and had left the bike ticking over. I must have sat about 5 mins with the bike ticking over perfectly. I entered the section opened the throttle to climb a small rock and the engine just died, felt like i had not turned petrol on and it was running out of fuel however i closed the throttle and it ticked over perfectly , the engine did not die completely. i got it out of the section and tried to ride to the next section but it would not respond to the throttle it wouldn't pull at all. It would still tick over perfectly. Stopped at the next section and let it cool down, removed the fuel cap, but did not here any pressure release, after about 10 minutes i started her up and she ran perfectly. After another lap, i had refueled by then the same symptoms returned. If i stopped and let it cool down it would run fine again.

I had fitted a brand new air filter prior to the trial, running a standard plug approx 6 weeks old, engine oil and filter changed regularly, in fact only changed the week before. I can not get the bike to display the same characteristics at home. Any ideas or anyone had a similar problem?

Cant really help much , but I rode trial on Friday the bike ran perfectly until it ran out of fuel , therewas not one drop of fuel left in tank , not even the merest hint of a hick or splutter it just stopped ! good luck finding your prob! letr us know the outcome please

Cheers for that info FF

fan was working perfectly

in fact fan was working overtime yesterday poor bugger

tank very hot but others i compared with yesterday had hot tanks too

i rode it today and it was perfect......pity i wasn't

There's been a bit on these wetting agents on the Sherco forum I think.

I presume they work by reducing the surface tension in the water so allowing it to wet the surface of the radiator better.

Apparently they do work but it beats me how, if the water isn't transferring its heat to the radiator tubes then how is it getting its heat from the cylinder and cylinder head?

I doubt that the engine is much bothered if the water is at 80

Hi,

Please contact Geoff (our mechanic) on 01282 428383. He will need to know your supplying Dealer. We need to get to the bottom of this for you. In the meantime, please don't do anything which might invalidate your warranty.

Thanks,

Caroline @ Sandiford's

On some mx parts pages they list a high capacith water pump and housing will it fit the 4rt ?the motors are verry similar as we all know????

it talks about 20 to 40% morer efficientcy;

windlestone, have you checked if the radiator is packed with dust. I had a problem with that on my old gasgas 321, it was losing water but never boiled so i didn't notice it until after awhile. took the air compressor and blew through the radiator, a big clowed of dust filled the garage. never lost a drop of water after i did this regulary.

I've found out that it's always better to let the engine tick over for half a minute or so before entering a section if you've been racing down a track before. i.e. don't race to the section, then ride straight in without giving it a moment or so to "do what it has to do". If you do, it seems prone to coughing and stopping on you. I'm sure it's not a problem, just seems logical to me to let it get its breath back sort of thing before asking it to do its work in a section. Suits me as I need as many breathers as I can get!

Hi,

Please contact Geoff (our mechanic) on 01282 428383. He will need to know your supplying Dealer. We need to get to the bottom of this for you. In the meantime, please don't do anything which might invalidate your warranty.

Thanks,

Caroline @ Sandiford's

Thanks Caroline my bike is 11 months old. I'll call Geoff tomorrow with the details anyway. All my serviceable items, filters, plugs i buy direct from you. I have not changed coolant or added to it yet.

:wub: Now That's SERVICE !!!!!!!!!

<_<:beer:

B)

Glenn

You should try ordering bits from them.

They arrive before you put the phone down :D:D