Whats This Then?

marky g

Would love to now more about this type of bike spotted at the DK Mansell trial last Sunday, there were two of them riding round...a brief chat with one of the riders, he mentioned tha the motor was made in China (a Honda copy?) 200cc and very sweet sounding indeed.

post-13-1077655146.jpg

Ahh the 4 stroke majestys!!

They have been around for a year or two, John Bliss and Craig Mawlem build them I think.

Engine is a Chinese Honda clone built under license???

John previously made the E.R. Easy Rider 4 stroke twinshock trials bike, and Craig makes the "new" majestys which have been seen on here previouslyl.

Edited by t-shock 250

Its built by a jon bliss craig mawlem combination lots of majesty bits as Craig bought all the N O S from Shirty. New this year 2004. Nic Draper rides one and won this event having finished 9th at round 1 colchester if that tells anything.

Think the motor is a chinese copy of hondas 250 (?) and replaces the RTX which jon bliss imported ? built before. Horses for courses, seems to go ok but they don't sell too many.

Marky have you got any action shots at all?

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I remember seeing these at some classic rounds last year sometime, 200cc or 175cc.

They seem to go pretty well, use the same engine as it's predecessor, the cotswold Easy Rider series, i have some photo's of these and will post them when i've worked out how to reduce them down!

Its built by a jon bliss craig mawlem combination lots of majesty bits as Craig bought all the N O S from Shirty. New this year 2004. Nic Draper rides one and won this event having finished 9th at round 1 colchester if that tells anything.

Think the motor is a chinese copy of hondas 250 (?) and replaces the RTX which jon bliss imported ? built before. Horses for courses, seems to go ok but they don't sell too many.

Marky have you got any action shots at all?

I've got one action shot of one of the bikes ........the pic isn't very good though :rolleyes: , this guy was the older of the two gents riding.

They both seem to perform well enough though..what struck me was the quiteness of the motor, almost like a sewing machine :blink:

The one lad said the motors come with shell type bearings (aka Honda) but there took apart and all the shell bearings replaced with roller bearings!.

At first I thought the motor was out of an ATV, it has got quite a large gearbox sprocket cover!

post-13-1077735930.jpg

Cheers for that Mick, don't know what the group of sections were called either, just after the pic was took the rider went up a step and under the road bridge :lol: .

Lovely trials country on the side of the Clee Hills ;)

Your right, they are very tasty looking machines indeed.

Has John Bliss got a website by any chance ??

Blissy photo was from Lower Norcott Farm group I think, only used by South Birmingham in the Mansell and the odd Midland Centre trial.

Agree that the 4t Majesty is a nice looking bike - apart from the rear mudguard - prefer a better shaped one myself but other than that they look, sound and go like the dogs doodies. They are quite pricey but I imagine it will run forever with minimum maintainance so if it is your only bike it balances out over a period of time.

Jon hasn't got a website. He'll be at the next round at Bootle though and all of the rest I believe. He had an ad in TMX very recently with a contact number.

• 2 years later...