A Blast From The Past, 1982 Scottish 6 Day Trial Pictures.

honda_tlr

Great photos Cookie, thanks.

That RTL250S with the pink rims, that was a japanese rider, but for once I can't remember his name, I'd have to look it up now!

Big John

Wasn't in kenichi Kuroyama's old man??? the kid was hoppin about all week on a cycle trials bike. Oh, sure he was 1986 by the way.....if you are going to look.....

not 100% with the years without programmes (working....)

227 - Lejeune last year him and Steve were on the same machine

19 - not in your pics but Martin Lampkin rode a Pinkie Honda (last pic original post) pretty sure that's Pipers Burn

94 - A very young Jordi Tarres (the "moving around town too quickly year") again Pipers Burn

99 - Maya Feraud - name rings a bell, seem to remember the poncy pink clobber, (Davie Hunter Dunfermiline Club, went to smack him for taking the pi55 in the Parc ferme, Him and Berlatier ripping it out cos he'd bust his foot rest...going to do our bit for the Entente Cordiale)

'87

210 - Was Theirry Michaud - led all week till a horrid Friday

124 - Steve Saunders - Sammy Miller painted them Number plates

Third Fantic Rider was Renato Chiaberto 183

72 - Lejuene again

few more

early ones, 189 Malcolm Rathmell Laggan

124 John Reynolds on the suzuki

246 John lampkin....??

284 thierry Michaud '86 I think

198 Tony Scarlett on the JCM

282 Mick Andrews not sure of the year but a 311 txt Aprillia

Nigel Birkett is in there as well

Come on Prof

Edited by Slapshot 3

Very dodgy.......Kilmalieu or Camasnacroise take your pick.... :)

**** knows, I'm just a sasanach that can't get up either of the buggers :thumbup:

I think the last piccy is the one at the side of the road and has two or three subs all in one run getting steeper and looser the higher up you get?

So who is number 245 then Big John is it you??????

Will you be doing your bit on Nevis Radio breakfast show again this year?

No it wasn't me on no. 245, it's just that it is very like my RTL. I rode in 1977 on a Bultaco. Wish I had rode it on an RTL in the eighties!

Yes, just agreed this week to do the breakfast show with David Ogg of Nevis Radio. I'll post a link to the radio feeds nearer the time so that you can tune in on your computers!

Big John

great pictures, thanks so much!!! Lots of memories there. Jordi with a full heed of hair.... A shot of our Tone, on the JCM which no one mentioned. Also good shots of both John boy on a 86 301 Fantic and Michaud on the 87 303. Brilliant pictures.....any more!

Some great pictures :thumbup:

I went to my one and only Scottish in 82 so it brings back fond memories. I also took a few pictures myself on a borrowed 35mm camera, unfortunately I thought the film was rewound and opened the compartment, wrecking almost all of the pics. :o I'll see if I can find the one or two that survived. Also remember Paul Sagar was riding that year, I knew Paul as I used to ride in North Wales.

Cheers

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

great pictures, thanks so much!!! Lots of memories there. Jordi with a full heed of hair.... A shot of our Tone, on the JCM which no one mentioned. Also good shots of both John boy on a 86 301 Fantic and Michaud on the 87 303. Brilliant pictures.....any more!

Thats not Tony Scarlett on the JCM (99) its Patrick Fereud (I think thats his real name) otherwise known as MAYA, he was Berlatiers minder for a while at Aprillia