Sense At Last

dixie

Sounds like the fim are actually making sence at last ,

Back to no stop . well if everone follows suit we may see more takers in various championships .

Ride on sunday and go to work monday ,not hospital ,winner mid thirtys next best mid seventys top ten 100 that is big scores ,lets see the top boys on ten top ten on 20/30 joe average 50/60 .

Let the good times roll

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me.

After riding the last British champs I had decided I wouldn't ride another unless they changed the rules, so hopefully the ACU will follow suit immediately and I'll be one happy man. ;)

I wonder if there will be a increase in the number of riders actually competing on the world scene, should be interesting.

Sounds good to me.

After riding the last British champs I had decided I wouldn't ride another unless they changed the rules, so hopefully the ACU will follow suit immediately and I'll be one happy man. ;)

I wonder if there will be a increase in the number of riders actually competing on the world scene, should be interesting.

why is no stop going to suddenly increase wtc numbers?

why is no stop going to suddenly increase wtc numbers?

I don't think it would unless they ease way off on the section difficulty, cost, no minders, and all on stock machines, then a couple more might ride ;)

Mebe the SSDT as one round, that should count for one of the best entries ever in a world round, then one or two of the Euro multi day events, and call it good.

Edited by ishy

Seem's that we are on the cutting edge of Trials over here,no one else seems to be talking about this. ;)

No one else cares they have all given up.

This has to be the way to go ,everytime it happens you get a whole load of new people riding then it get harder and harder and everone gives up again, Clubs need to set trials out for the majority not the minority.

After all it is supposed to be fun

so hopefully we are going to end up with just one set of rules at last! ;)

Will it be that simple.

We're left with aload of kid's bouncing around on bike's,more likley to get breakaways.

Edited by bilc0

Personally, i think some of these old gits are rotting old f--ksticks. Although I have only ridden trials in this decade, I have ridden both formats under the NATC rules in place here, which closely follow the WTC/FIM rules.

I will be the first to admit that I am old and out of practice, cannot hop with the kids or more aggressive riders, always say I am like a good dog, like to leave my mark in every section! Take my dab and swing the bike if needed, or take a second to study if I become snagged. We are not just riding burns here, there are few such sections that one flows through as in SSDT ! Fact is under the strictest of observers, even a momentary hesitation can get you a 5 under no stop, even with a perfect ride! Totally up to interpretation with no real guage for it for most. Can be total BS!

Really p****d by overzealous observers at times. Clean or 5???? Screw that. I could really p*** off a few being strict on our rocks. Totally not the intent of a fair trial in most cases either, so everyone just fudges to their own level. Again total hogwash! So at the stop available level, I can still compete, take my dabs, get my breath, carry on, even without being a superstar. The day usually depends more upon who is worse, not who is better, in our club.

If you want to make it tough, just hold the upper class riders to the no stop, let them hesitate, hop!!!!!! If the front spokes stop turning, you are busted! Screw them! ;)

So I can take a fair and tight middle section and make the likes of Bou hop the tight corners on the rear, cause the front cannot stop, yet then even the sideways rule could come into play again, wheels must progress forward with the course. Just nitpicking BS, as one can build really tight courses. This can get really technical and ugly, but it can be done!

Edited by copemech

Have we been down this road before? The powers that be seem to have a very short memory that this no-stop was tried in the recent past at World Cup level. The rule changes went full circle back to the current rules.

What will make this cycle different? It would be nice if the governing body would list the goals they are trying to accomplish "this time round".

Have we been down this road before? The powers that be seem to have a very short memory that this no-stop was tried in the recent past at World Cup level. The rule changes went full circle back to the current rules.

What will make this cycle different? It would be nice if the governing body would list the goals they are trying to accomplish "this time round".

They just want riders to enter,how can it be classed as a world championship with eight contestants.

Its like your american world championships ,East coast world champs and West coast world champs ?????????????????????????????????????????

It's well known that I don't ride, but I do attend most of the World Rounds and have followed things with interest. I got the press release on my phone from the ACU regarding the Novogar going No-Stop yesterday and said to my good lady "Ooh, that's important - better get it online". She doesn't know much about Trials (but is keen to learn!) so I had to explain the whole No-Stop/Stop thing to her and about declining entries etc etc.

I told her the way things stand at the moment she could enter the World Championship and would fail every single section but as long as she passed through the entry cards and was seen to make some sort of valid attempt (i.e. fall off at the first pebble) then she'd be within the top 15 in the world. Her response? "That's ****ing crazy!" - and she's right.

The job is broken good 'n' proper. I don't know how to fix it, but I do know the FIM aren't exactly known for their decision-making skills. ;)

Aside from the Novogar announcement - and what prompted this discussion in the first place was what JD said this week. It made very interesting reading and I agree with his comments totally - so much so, I don't mind linking to it for those who have no idea what it's all about - clicky here :) (There ya go Dicko - bit of traffic your way :o)

I also agree with Ishy's idea on making the SSDT a WTC event. The Scott is another potential. Both are rideable by the Clubmen, but tough enough to take marks off the top boys if tweaked just a little. I'm not familiar enough with the scene in other countries to comment on their traditional trials, but am sure they could condition some of their more popular "traditional" events to test the best whilst still being able to be entered by far more than can at present.

You only have to look at how happy Dougie was to return to the SSDT/Scott and how Fujigas was like a kid on Xmas morning when he rode the Scott to see these are the types of events these guys want to ride. Bou would adapt and enjoy every second no matter what you threw at him. Raga may well hiss and spit as it doesn't suit his style and he might get his riding suit dirty, but if you can't stand the heat... Fajardo & Cabestany? They have their highs and lows and odd moments of inspiration. Don't know them well enough to comment on how they'd adapt. Dibs & Browny would take to it like a duck to water.

This is just my opinion which is only made as a journo type guy looking in from the outside, but has seen more than many.