Rothmans 4Rt? Spec

dmc2028372

Merry xmas all. Can see that Rothmans 4rt for sale yr 2011. Looks tidy, with mitani exhaust and other fancy bits. Just wondering, can anyone tell me what is standard spec for this model of bike, and is it considered on a par with the repsol spec bike? Which is the more desirable? Thankyou

The Rothmans is based on a standard racing model and Pidcocks had the decals and powder coating done. As far as I remember, the Rothmans just had the hubs and rims in red and blue, the fuel tank was powder coated in blue and the decals for the mudguards. The bike for sale has lots of extras added by the owner, which bring it up to a similar spec to the Repsol, but there not factory carbon parts and it doesn't have the carbon headlight. I really don't think you should be worried about comparing it to a Repsol, if you like it then that's good enough. They will ride just the same, unless the throttle body is a dual map, this and a mitani header and silencer will make a slight difference. The one for sale seems a good spec.

This is what I would call a proper Rothmans Rep and what Pidcocks should have done.

post-14348-0-18328000-1387997258_thumb.jpg

Edited by jj65
  • Like 2

The Rothmans is based on a standard racing model and Pidcocks had the decals and powder coating done. As far as I remember, the Rothmans just had the hubs and rims in red and blue, the fuel tank was powder coated in blue and the decals for the mudguards. The bike for sale has lots of extras added by the owner, which bring it up to a similar spec to the Repsol, but there not factory carbon parts and it doesn't have the carbon headlight. I really don't think you should be worried about comparing it to a Repsol, if you like it then that's good enough. They will ride just the same, unless the throttle body is a dual map, this and a mitani header and silencer will make a slight difference. The one for sale seems a good spec.

This is what I would call a proper Rothmans Rep and what Pidcocks should have done.

Oh my god I want this! Anymore pics?

Oh my god I want this! Anymore pics?

If you want one, your most likely going to have to recreat it yourself, as far as I can make out, it's a one off. But perfectly achievable, if you are prepared to either do it yourself or pay someone to do the paintwork and make some decals for you. Look forward to seeing your creation in the future warby. ;-)

If you want one, your most likely going to have to recreat it yourself, as far as I can make out, it's a one off. But perfectly achievable, if you are prepared to either do it yourself or pay someone to do the paintwork and make some decals for you. Look forward to seeing your creation in the future warby. ;-)

I have no problems with the paint and getting graphics made, I could just do with a pic of the top but I reckon it'll be along a similar vane to the rothmans tlr's :)

Edited by warby beta

I

I have no problems with the paint and getting graphics made, I could just do with a pic of the top but I reckon it'll be along a similar vane to the rothmans tlr's :)

I don't think there's much on the mudguard, apart from the blue bit that extends to the fake seat, just like on a real Rothamans and a Rothmans decal at the rear. The problem with the Pidcocks one, is that they continued the blue and stripes too far back on the rear mudguard and didn't leave the wheels gold.

It would look really good on the new 260, white mudguards, white frame, blue tank and gold wheels.

• Like 1