Sweaty Head

frenchmike

Thanks for your reply.

Helmet is a good fit , my doctor has said it could be the material the lining is made from as it is mad in China, but I do tend to sweat a lot on my head, I though that there might be a helmet with lot of air holes in :blush:

• Like 1

I had same issues it would run like a tap. I have a Hebo Trial Zone light n vented, i didnt like it at first felt like i had no helmet on but love it now.

Clothing matters as i had major rashes in 90`s due to crap trousers in wedding tackle area :huh: Try helmets as Airoh dont fit mei have a round head n they seem pointed.

I would recommend the Trial Zone as you can remove and wash the liner which naturally will be better to keep clean n avoid the rash

I also had a Shiro Trials Helmet but the shape did not fit my head well. (It was more rounded.) It is not as well made as the Airoh but is much less expensive. I was able to improve venting further by cutting away some of the black plastic trim that was blocking some vent holes.

I don't think I would recommend it but have seen helmets where the owner created additional venting with a hole saw.

I used to have a Shiro Matrix Commander before getting my Airoh TRR,

Not as cool as the Airoh and I had cut bigger holes in the polystyrene 1" dia but it made little or no difference, It didn't fit as well either (too round) and the lining just got dripping wet.

A cool helmet needs air channels as well as holes so it can circulate.

Airoh, + 100 ,,, Best trials helmet I've ever owned ... well vented and light ...

As for the rash , try a dew rag of a material that suits you , I know a few folks that use one all the time ....

​ And wash your liner if possible , to get all of the manufacturing chemicals out of it ... May take a few wash cycles .

Enjoy the ride !

Glenn