Finding Trials In Midlands

ralph1

Peak Classic Trials Clubs

The remaining trials.

25/09/2016   Longcliffe Top, Longcliffe, Matlock, Derbyshire.

30/10/2016   Bracken rocks, Holloway, Matlock, Derbyshire.

27/11/2016   Stathams Farm, Matlock, Derbyshire.

18/12/2016   Burrycliffe Quarry, Elton, Matlock, Derbyshire.

Dales Classic MCC

Round 8 Sun 9th October Longcliffe Top 11am

Round 9 Sun 4th December Burrycliffe Quarry 11am

Macclesfield Trials Club

Saturday 24th September John MacDonald memorial
Sunday 16th October Rough Heyes Quarry 10:30
Sunday 20th November Rough Heyes Quarry 10:30
Sunday 4th December Rough Heyes Quarry 10:30

GOOGLE the names for there websites

Edited by shakennstirred

I do sympathise it can feel like a secret society sometimes, trying to find a trial or the exact location if you have never been there before. I think it helps if you are on facebook and friending the clubs but it's still not a good enough reason for me to join. Most club websites are not frequently updated which is my main source for finding out what is going on. Whereabouts are you located?

• Like 1

Hello Ralph1,  The Amca clubs run a few midlands trials. There is one at Knighton, which is near Newport on A41 off M54 junction 3. Not sure where you are in midlands but I'm by junction 7 M6 and its just over half hours drive. Great venue, plenty of parking, relaxed atmosphere type of trial. If your not Amca licence holder, thats not a problem. most riders are guests without a licence anyway. If your interested and need more info just ask.    Tom

Hello Ralph1,  The Amca clubs run a few midlands trials. There is one at Knighton, which is near Newport on A41 off M54 junction 3. Not sure where you are in midlands but I'm by junction 7 M6 and its just over half hours drive. Great venue, plenty of parking, relaxed atmosphere type of trial. If your not Amca licence holder, thats not a problem. most riders are guests without a licence anyway. If your interested and need more info just ask.    Tom

Is that the Acorns trial?

would it be suitable for a complete novice?

And thank you all for your help :thumbup: 

Hi Ralph, The Dudley trial is a pre 65 i believe. The other one is the Acorns trial. Suitable for novice,? I would say so but depends on your novice level. They do a novice route which my lad and some other beginners ride.If you come across a section you dont fancy, miss it out and maybe try it next lap when you feel more confident. you can ask for a five if not. Make sure you get fives on any you dont do so you get a result.

I must add, there will be plenty of people to ride around with and give good advice if needed. If you decide to go, make yourself known to me and I'll give you a run down of what's going on, where sections are etc.  Arrive earlier and have a look around.     Tom