I've just got my first trials bike which is a Evo 250 2 stroke 2010 and after having it for about 3 weeks I'm coming across some problems:
1. the kick start lever starts to far forward so to start the bike (when it does start) you have to lean forward so you can get your leg behind it or use your hand to move it.
2. One you have kicked kicked it it does not line up with the dint in the exhaust like it is meant to... any suggestions?
3. I've been having problems starting it. When I first got the bike it started easy first time for the first week or so. I have been doing relatively simple training drills such as trying to do a figure of 8 around 2 bricks, the occasional wheelie, etc. It not wont start. Last night i checked that the fuel lines where clear, new spark plug and the air filter had a clean.
4. there is a metalic grey oil deposit that has started to build up around where the exhaust exits. What is this and is it a major issue?
5. The rear mud guard is held on with cable ties. I was told y the seller that this is to avoid snapping the mud guard if you flip the bike - is this bull sh*t?
As I mentioned I'm a beginner when it comes to trials especially the maintenance side of things so any help (preferably simple!) would be much appreciated. I'm in the North Yorkshire Area, UK so I'll be getting to a trial once I can trust the machine.