Acu Trials Forum Cancellation

john collins

.....but please be aware that the ACU needs to do somethink to improve its image amoungst its UK trials members.

This is so true. I come across quite a few people at trials and I haven't heard anyone say something like " Well the ACU is doing a great Job" - All I hear is negative comments and these are reflected in my posts.

It strikes me that the ACU is just completely out of touch :( .... and lets hope we can get this forum going to try and put that right. :)

I'm presuming that by saying the ACU are out of touch, you're saying that the people representing the ACU are out of touch?

Basically Yes, but the point of the forum would be to put that right.

Did you see Carolines post earlier? Just imagine talking in one virtual room with the main people in the ACU, the UK's importers, some club representatives and some riders about the future of trials. :(

Sounds good to me :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name=

Did you see Carolines post earlier? Just imagine talking in one virtual room with the main people in the ACU, the UK's importers, some club representatives and some riders about the future of trials. :)

Sounds good to me :(

Sounds elitist to me. They all had a chance to be in a room in rugby. Last time I mention it, promise.

This site provides quality Editorial/Photos AND Videos via Andy that TMX could never offer so really there is no competition. Give me TC every time :)

IMHO :(

And is a hell of a lot cheaper too be a subsriber than a subsription for what I usually end up using as an oil catcher when I lube the chain! (TMX)

[quote name=

Did you see Carolines post earlier? Just imagine talking in one virtual room with the main people in the ACU, the UK's importers, some club representatives and some riders about the future of trials. :)

Sounds elitist to me. They all had a chance to be in a room in rugby. Last time I mention it, promise.

So where were you when the meeting was on then? People have mega busy lives and anything to make it less busy is the way to go surely?

And in relation to being elitist ... :(

[quote name=

So where were you when the meeting was on then? People have mega busy lives and anything to make it less busy is the way to go surely?

And in relation to being elitist ... :(

I had something to say last year and went, got something changed, this year I have been to all the wtc rounds and didn't feel I could add much to any British only debate, excepting youth funding which is only a personal viewpoint and cash dependent (see elswhere).

As I have said before, I am not sold on the online thing at all, but as an idea it must be tried if only to give the T & E committee something to discuss. Sorry but your suggestion did sounded elitist and the voice of the ordinary trials rider seemed to be excluded from your list of attendees at the online forum?

It is pompus in the extreme to think that " the ACU is completely out of touch" and " we can put this right with an online forum"

It is pompus in the extreme to think that " the ACU is completely out of touch" and " we can put this right with an online forum"
Firstly, I am not proposing that it "can be put right" by an online forum but I do strongly believe that if managed correctly, it can be very productive. As mentioned earlier, the current understanding by the comments I have read is most of trials is in good shape in this country so if thats the case then there shouldn't be too much to do?

In relation to Elitist, Andy has suggested that the forum be open for viewing to all but only selected individuals should be able to post. My criteria for this would be ACU,Importers,people who run clubs, and a few other slected individuals who could be your average rider and could offer some positive contribution.

Now as I will not be running a club next year, I don't fit into the people who run clubs so its probably likely that I wont be part of it anyway.. but I will pass my views/proposals/ideas through the person who is representing the centre.

Either way, I want it to be a success and will do whats necessary to achieve that. :)