Oldest Rider?

sam

Pate Keen 74 years young. Consistantly scores in the single digits in CVOTC events in the Sportsman class while everyone else has 30+ points and up. He could probably still dominate Advanced class if his knees were better. (At least that's what he says).

He also took the nation 60+ title 2 or 3 years in a row.

Edited by kbell

My Dad Derek is 74 and still rides. He rides all of the ARHMA Nationals. I dont think he has had a new Trials bike in about 30 years. He currently rides a Velocette.

Dick Mann also rides Trials. Not sure of his age. Every so often he shows up to our club events for a Saturday ride. How BITCHEN is that?

Down here in Australia we have a very consistant Clubman rider who is 74 this year Joe Tabarini.

He has been around trials as long as I can remember ...Always has a big smile for everyone. :beer:

I must mention also that Joe is deaf and dumb and on top of that has a thumb on each hand...no fingers.

Edited by steveo

As a good friend and a regular riding companion of Mike McCabe, I must say he is not in his '70's, but somewhat comfortably younger. Mike is one of the all around best trials riders I have ever seen. His turning ability,

along with his overall advanced skills are amazing. I learn something everytime I ride with him. His enthusiasm

for the sport is as strong today and ever. He can reak havoc in the senior class, or any class, for that matter.

A gentleman and great asset to the sport of trials riding

David,

Your Pop is a real trooper!

I just bought my dad a CRF 100 for his 78th birthday. He has been a qaud rider the last few years and now he is back on two wheels.

Missed you and Patrick at the Dixie Cup, what a blast!

See ya at Flint Sunday...

You wont even recongnize flint.

Both sections in the center of the flat track are changed.

The one behind the house is totally different.

The box section has been expanded into a mini meca.

We have a new section at the top of the hill.

If it rains we will have enough flat sections.

You will have a blast.

--biff

• 2 weeks later...