Deigo Bosis 125 4rt

cota kid

Yep just the same as a 4rt except that it has a new 1 off barrel and so on, but 125 it is and ready to go. Apparently based on a 4rt so the gearbox ratios etc are right from the word go.

They are looking for a rider for next year any takers?

Think the team offer a 300 and 125 kit not too sure of cost.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

Its just whats needed IMHO, there has always been a gap in the Montesa line up and Im sure that HRC will have plans for one soon. Not too sure if the 250 injector will be too big for the application in a 125, the fuel/air ratio will naturally be the same but the mass flow will be less and might not mix as well?? Pure conjecture I know but HRC bring it on!

I know all the old gimmers will say ...yes superb idea....but we wont be riding it! Comments and thought would be most welcomed from the 'youff' riders, you lot will be riding it!

Reet then, as a 'youff' rider I'll give some of my opinions....

Looks-wise the Diego Bosis 125 4RT looks awful but then again if montesa were to bring out a 125 4rt I don't think it'd be tricked up quite as much as this or the price would be sky high!

The performance of the bike is more important though and it'd be interesting to try the 4rt with half the cubic capacity. I've had a go on a 4RT before and the amount of torque is amazing but I wonder whether a 125cc 4RT could keep some of that torque. The other thing I think could be a problem with the 125 4RT could be top-end revs (a bit like the 250 4RT in the indoor trials). Then again if Diego Bosis is competing on one then that answers the performance question (but how much of that bike is standard!)

Last year I rode the Scorpa 125 4 stroke at a Scorpa test day and went with the mindset that I'd give this bike a fair chance despite being biased towards Beta. I just couldn't get along with it though, the clutch had no feel, the sump-plate kept chucking me off whenever it touched a rock and just overall I couldn't get along with it. Most people think the Scorpa 125 is an un-competitive bike anyway but Dale Robson won the Scarborough Youth 2 day on his so maybe it's just a matter of adapting to it, although I can't see it winning in Youth A class, then again I could be proved wrong.

The 250 4RT is already established as a good bike though so problems with the 125 Scorpa such as the clutch and sump-plate wouldn't exist. It's just the weight and engine performance of a 125 4RT would have that I wonder about, then add on top of that the price.

Still I'd love to have a go on one and have it prove me wrong!

Edited by Beta120690

Last year I rode the Scorpa 125 4 stroke at a Scorpa test day and went with the mindset that I'd give this bike a fair chance despite being biased towards Beta. I just couldn't get along with it though, the clutch had no feel, the sump-plate kept chucking me off whenever it touched a rock and just overall I couldn't get along with it. Most people think the Scorpa 125 is an un-competitive bike anyway but Dale Robson won the Scarborough Youth 2 day on his so maybe it's just a matter of adapting to it, although I can't see it winning in Youth A class, then again I could be proved wrong.

Still I'd love to have a go on one and have it prove me wrong!

Dont forget Dales bike whilst very impressive(especially on the new over 2 log climb down near the river!!)is far away from a standard bike its as close to a uk spec factory bike as you can get, altered frame etc etc etc .

I agree with the above quote that the new CRF150 motor would be the best shot and Honda being Honda they can afford to do the job properly and build a frame to suit, and this is no slur on Scorpa by any means not everyone has HRC's money and IMHO the trials world is a better place for reasons like this.

Edited by lastplacebrad

Just to clarify, Dale Robsons' Scorpa is a customer spec 05 model SY125F Racing. The bike was set up by Birketts as per their well publicised "4 stroke set up" and of course to Dales personal preferences. The only non standard, although still available to all, bits on the bike are the Racing CDI and Flat Sump Guard.

If you have followed Dales' results on the bike and been impressed enough to buy one then don't be put off by thinking its a 'factory' bike. It's not.